How Much 'Fall' Before The Rise?

How Much 'Fall' Before The Rise?

At what point in the fall shall we begin to rise?

42
How Much 'Fall' Before The Rise?
http://pcafalcons.com/

Ladies and gentlemen, it's fall! 🌿➡🍁 Here is a poem I wrote last fall when I was actually going through the lowest point in my life. And believe it or not, I did take my own advice in the end :) I hope you do too!

Trees are changing colors and leaves are beginning to shed, painting this beautiful little town in a discrete shade of red,

To relationships, that need to be fed,

To sleepless nights you spent crying in your bed,

To the hearts that bled and individuals that fled, to that egotistical tiny little head,

To the miserable lives, people have led, to all that's living and everything that's dead! (Just like the leaves that remain and the ones that fell)

To unclear dreams and vivid nightmares,

To the comfort that a bottle of whiskey wears,

To cigarettes that turned to ashes,

To hours wasted on wicked eyelashes,

To the summer that ended with no good memories to share, to every game of ‘truth or dare’,

To the pointless life that never seems fair, to wounds you're trying so hard to repair!

To baseless arguments and silly fights, to those detestable ineffective diets,

To the loneliness you share with the world, to abuses you wish you hadn’t hurled,

To opportunities you missed and to the ugly fantasies you kissed,

To aspirations you never chased, and to the bigoted society in which you were raised!

To superficial bonds and flawless facades,

To becoming the real life version of “House of Cards”,

To eating out of the box and thinking within it, to waiting for our minds to be lit,

To the father who loses his tormented daughter and to HER baby brother,

To the despair of a childless mother trying to console another,

To friends that turned to foes for reasons no one knows,

To the thoughtless, undirected brain that really never grows,

To endless and purposeless wars,

To the constant battle between mine and yours,

To water cannons and recurrent gunshots, to the countless innocent lives that are lost,

To everything that's ever gone wrong on this planet, it's fall but let's make sure we rise, God dammit!