How Moving Out Of State Made Me Embrace My Inner Vol

Knoxville isn't a city, it's a lifestyle

81
Kendall Welch

When I lived in Knoxville, my friends and I were so bored if it wasn’t summer. We always talked about how Knoxville sucked and we wanted to move away. It wasn’t until I moved to Charleston that I realized that Knoxville was the coolest. I soon started embracing my Vol heritage right when I got to college.

1. All of my Vol and Tristar Shirts

As soon as I moved, my Poshmark was full of likes of just Tennessee merch. I even bought a bright orange Tennessee Christmas sweater.

2. I Got A Power T Bumper Sticker

Every time I was driving and I saw someone with a Knox county license plate, I always said a little "Go Vols" to myself. After I had to change my license plate to South Carolina, I was upset that the fellow Vols didn't know that I get it. So my boyfriend bought me a power T bumper sticker. Also, I hung my Tennessee license plate on my wall.

3. I Rooted for the Vols in March Madness

I don't really care about Vols sports, just the heritage. This year though, I actually watched some sports! I kept up with the scores and now I want to make a bracket.

4. Having Serious Thoughts of Getting a Tristar Tattoo

Look, I don't think I really would. But I love the Vols so much that I might surprise myself.

5. Constantly Bragging About Tennessee

Did I care about Dollywood when I lived in Tennessee? Nope. I went once every few years. Now though, I find every reason to talk about how awesome Tennessee is. It could be everywhere from mountains to the Sunsphere to Weigels.

I know this might seem crazy, but I know that all of the other Knoxvillians who moved out of state get what I'm talking about.