How To Handle Stress In College

How To Handle Stress In College

8
How To Handle Stress In College

Life is just stressful. But I believe that college is the most stressful, yet exciting, point in anyone's life. A few months ago, you had to raise their hand to use the bathroom. Now, you have to decide what you want to do for the rest of your life.

However, once you figure it out, the stress doesn't end there. You have to pass your classes that become more of a challenge each semester, and learn to be financially stable, being away from home. Everyone has their own ways of handling stress. Everyone also has different stress levels. In college, people will begin to expand their ways of handling stress. Here are some new ways I began to handle my stress since I went to college.

To-do lists.

To-do lists have became one of my best friends. Sure, planners are also helpful, but seeing what needs to be done in front of your eyes is a blessing.

Support system.

There are tons of ways to find support on campus. Your advisor is there to help you when your stressed about what classes to take for the upcoming semester, how to come up with better studying habits, how to get involved on campus, and different ways to be successful in college. Your friends are always there for you no matter what. They can be that person to vent and cry to.

7 Cups of Tea.

This online service is used for someone to talk to a trained anonymous listener to vent about their problems. The topics that can be discussed can be anything, from relationships and school, to money or any sort of abuse. 7 Cups of Tea is not meant to give advice. They have over 70,000 listeners available in over 130 languages. You can find the website here.

Professors.

If you are fortunate to have a helpful and fantastic professor, please take advantage of them. If you are unsure about an assignment, you have questions about anything, you think that their area of interest might be something you want to major or minor in, you want to make sure that the track you are going in for an essay is the way to go, please ask them. I'm sure your professor will be glad to help you on the way to success. You can also go to your professor and ask them for extra help for assignments and the class itself.

Study groups.

If you are stressed out about a class, get a group of people from that class and form a study group. Not only is it a great way to make friends, but hopefully they can help you understand the material better. Also set up tutoring appointments to have someone re-teach the material.