7 Ways To Get Up & Get Going​... To The Gym

Tips for waking up early and getting to the gym

3257

"Time to get up, time to start going, time to start a new day..." This is the chant my wonderful mom would sing as she woke all of us up in the morning to get us ready for school. No longer a kid however, I now get to wake up to the ever pleasant sound of my alarm beeping endlessly until I can pull myself out of bed to turn it off. Working out in the morning for me is a must - if I don't start my day in the gym, I feel all out of wack. But I'm not gonna lie... some mornings I just want to lay in bed and skip the workout. Here are some tips for getting out of bed and to the gym before your mind tricks you into sleeping an extra hour.

1. Lay out your clothes the night before

I always lay out my outfit for the next morning. Once I put my workout gear on, it helps me get in the zone and I feel much more ready to go workout. Plus, working out gives you the excuse to get some super cute workout clothes... and you can't wear them if you don't go to the gym (just sayin').

2. Plan out your workout the night before

I like to have a plan before I go and workout. This allows me to be in the right mindset - whether I am going on a long run, running sprints, lifting weights, or something else - I know what I am going to do. Additionally, this is especially helpful so you don't feel overwhelmed with all the options when you get to the gym. Starting the day with a plan makes you feel more organized and you are able to get a start to your day faster.

3. Go to bed early

Sleep is extremely important to your mental and physical health. You aren't going to be able to get up in the morning and have enough energy to work out if you didn't get a proper amount of sleep the night before. Getting good, restful sleep gives you the energy to wake up in the morning and have a good workout, giving you even more energy for the rest of the day.

4. Put your alarm across the room

I put my alarm away from my bed so I have to get up and turn it off. And once you are out of bed, it's a lot easier to stay out of bed.

5. Have your headphones and a playlist ready to go

I like to have a pump up playlist ready to go. When you get the right song going, it's hard to not want to dance and sing - and then you're really in the mood to get going.

6. Make your bed

You heard me. This might sound silly, but once you make your bed, you're not going to want to get back in it. This not only keeps you out of bed and takes away the temptation of getting back under the covers, but it's also super refreshing to come home after a good workout to a made bed!

7. Lay your goals out

Look at your goals before you walk out of your house. Remind yourself why you are doing this, and why it is worth it. This is the best motivator for you as you head out, and will really get you out the door.