How Could I, A Simple Girl, Be Qualified For The Work Of Such A Great God?

God doesn't called the qualified he qualifies the ones He calls.

11
Natalia Parkinson

I am sitting in the dark of my bedroom. My thoughts have been in constant prayer to God, for there are things in my life right now that I am having a difficult time understanding and accepting. I just don’t feel like I am qualified for all the things I feel God calling me to do. Which I guess is normal considering that God works in mysterious ways, but there are fears arising in my heart that I thought had long been put to rest…

God has a way of stirring us in ways we can’t fathom, and in ways we might not enjoy. No one wants to be fearful, especially of the very thing that God is calling them to do. This past week that subject has weighed heavy on my heart. If you don’t know, or haven’t already guessed, I am very much a “love Jesus, love People” type of person. I believe whole heartedly in loving people in the same way that Jesus loved us. With no strings attached, no requirements, and with every fiber of my very being. God has called me to dedicate at least part of my life to mission work, to loving, to supporting, to helping, and encompassing others in His very love.

Thoughts that have been running through my head include things such as “am I qualified?” “God can’t use me, I have no skills” “What if I mess everything up?” and “What can I of all people possibly offer God?”

Something I have to constantly remind myself is this:

God doesn’t call people who are qualified, He calls people and qualifies them for His work.

God is simply looking for people who will avail themselves to him.

Guys, just think about this: when Jesus called the 12 disciples most of them were not educated. Yet Jesus equipped them for the work He wanted them to do, and they turned the world upside down.

Although, this is still something I struggle with, I find comfort in knowing that God is waiting for me because He loves me. God wants us to come to the end of ourselves so that He can use us in the very best way possible. Maybe, like me, you feel held back by one issue: insecurity. That issue is the very thing that God wants to use. It is one of His very favorite strategies. Your disqualifier, or what you see as a disqualifier becomes His qualifier.