10 Ways College Is Like A Quentin Tarantino Film

The hilarious, bloody truth

62

College is an entirely different world in itself. This is known to anyone who is currently, or has been, enrolled in a university. There are so many aspects which vary from life outside school and they can be comparable to many different things. However, some of the best examples of this are, surprisingly enough, the films created by none other than Quentin Tarantino. For those who are unaware, Tarantino is the creator of many well known films such as "Pulp Fiction," "Django Unchained," "Reservoir Dogs," and the "Kill Bill" series, along with many more. It is quite remarkable how many resemblances there are between these violent, action-packed dramas and the everyday life of a college student. Here are 10 of the best comparisons I could think of.

1. Being extremely hostile with others on those early, cold mornings.

No one likes trudging to class at 8:00 a.m. If the fact that it is so early and you're heading to class is not enough, having others attempt to interact with you can be enough to put anyone over the edge. ("Reservoir Dogs")

2. The feeling you get when it is time to write your teacher review.

Ahh of course, the end of the semester has arrived. You finally get to unleash all the frustrations you have had the past 16 weeks with your professor. Good or bad, you can do whatever you want. ("Django Unchained")

3. That moment you finally finish your all-night essay.

There is no feeling on earth quite like wrapping up the paper you have been working on for the past 12 hours of your life. All you can really do is take a breath of relief and look down at your masterpiece. ("Inglorious Bastards")

4. Handing your grades to your parents at the end of the semester.

Here can be nothing quite as terrifying as handing your final grades to your parents. It's almost as if you are raising your hands above your head, shouting out "Don't shoot!" ("Django Unchained")

5. When the semester finally comes to an end.

Despite the feeling of death you've endured all semester long, you try to stay positive and tell others you are just fine. Yeah, we have all been here at one point or another. ("Reservoir Dogs")

6. Dancing like no one is looking at parties.

Regardless of your ability and whether or not you've had a few drinks, you will be seen at the next rager doing whatever in God's name kind of dancing you call that. Oh, and no, you won't feel any shame at all for doing so. ("Pulp Fiction")

7. Wearing absolutely anything you feel like.

There are those days wear you feel the need to wear sweatpants and that old tank-top, followed by those where it is required to wear a suit. Despite these changes, one can be rest assured that it is impossible to determine what you will be wearing the next day. ("Pulp Fiction"/"Reservoir Dogs")

8. Running into someone you don't like in the commons.

Cutting through the commons is a convenient shortcut, but can become a hazard if one runs into someone they really aren't fond of. The awkwardness and annoyance is just terrible. One needs to just end the conversation before it begins. ("From Dusk Till Dawn")

9. Your professors may feel like dictators at times.

Every college student has had a professor who has felt like a power-hungry monster. This being said, it is best to avoid these professors if possible. They will be sitting in class like this, exam in hand, waiting to provide that seventy-five question multiple choice exam with four additional essay questions which will do nothing but torture you for the next ninety minutes. ("Inglorious Bastards")

10. Financial aid troubles.

No one enjoys dealing with the financial aid office. It can be one of the largest struggles to actually get the money you need for your books, tuition, room and board, food plan and who knows what else is needed for college. Sometimes it feels like you have to grab the briefcase of money and run. ("Reservoir Dogs")

With these being just a handful of the ways a college students life can be related to the films of Quentin Tarantino, hopefully it is easier for you too, to see how these two are so closely and humorously intertwined with each other. I would strongly advise seeing these movies and laughing incredibly hard while being horrified with the amount of violence that is being presented at the same time. See first-hand how they compare to your life at the university.