Instead of "I Can't", Try "I Can"

Instead of "I Can't", Try "I Can"

By facing your fears, you’re one step closer to saying, “I can.”

844
Instead of "I Can't", Try "I Can"
Dreamstime

2 words: “I can’t.” Those 2 words are heard and said very frequently. They are part of the “everyday vocabulary.” For whatever reason, humans have a developed instinct to say those 2 very powerful words when they hear something they think they can’t do without even thinking about if they have the potential to complete the task. But why do people always demote themselves? Why do people tend to tell themselves that they can’t do something without even trying?

People always tend to judge the situation before thinking about the situation itself. The thing that people are unaware of is that surprises are everywhere and you can always do more than you think you can. Except, here’s the tricky part, you’re going to have to say, “I can,” instead of, “I can’t.” You never know what you are capable of unless you push yourself to overcome your fears. Saying “I can” puts you already one step closer to fully accomplishing your goals. Starting off with a positive attitude helps to finish the presented task. When you say, “I can’t,” you start off with already doubting yourself and have a mindset of not being able to do something. So how do we get rid of this terrible phrase that happens to be in our daily vocabulary? With the proper mindset and optimistic attitude, getting rid of this phrase is a breeze!

The first step is believing in yourself. Without being confident in yourself, almost everything and anything can seem impossible. The biggest reason that people usually tell themselves they can’t do something is because of fear. Fear can be conquered gradually just as self esteem can build up. Confidence is something that won’t come overnight but will take time to build. Once it’s built, it’s a very delicate thing that can easily be destroyed. By facing your fears, you’re one step closer to saying, “I can.”

The second step is something we do a lot especially when we’re curious. Ask yourself a question! Ask yourself, “How can I?” This way you’re questioning yourself how you can do something rather than already telling yourself you can’t.

By doing these two things, you’re on the greatest path to reach the total point of staying away from the phrase, “I can’t.”