House Of Horrors Part 4

House Of Horrors Part 4

Fourth Installment Of House Of Horrors

31
House Of Horrors Part 4
funnpics.info

Fear lanced through the investigator's heart as they raced through the winding corridors of the basement. The lights above the young investigator flickered rapidly as if they were afraid themselves. The investigator's tired pants formed misty clouds as the air temperature continued to drop. Their lungs burned from lack of oxygen, but the investigator did not dare slow down. The sounds of shuffling feet against stone was more than enough incentive for them to keep running.

The investigator turned yet another corner and was met with another fork in the hallway. The investigator, by that point, was beginning to see this place as more of a maze than an actual basement, having been running for what felt like hours and encountering several other crossroads as they went.

Before the investigator could question this anomaly for any longer than a few seconds, the shuffling sounds of the creature grew closer along with a hollow groan. With a jolt, the investigator was spurred into action and, choosing the path on the right, resumed their mad dash to safety. Unfortunately, this proved to be a mistake.

Not a minute passed before the investigator was met with a dead end They fervently looked for an escape route, but the only way out was to go back the way they came.

"Only way..." The investigator froze as a familiar rasp came from behind them. Slowly turning, the investigator faced the shadowy figure that stood before them, blocking the only exit.

"No other option," the creature moaned. "Forgive me!"

The creature lunged forward, its arms outstretched to grab the human, its long claws scraping against the walls. Just as the creature was about to grab them, the investigator dove between the creature's legs, got to their feet, and ran back the way they came. The creature released a shrill screech as its prey slipped through its fingers and immediately gave chase.

The investigator ran with newfound adrenaline through the maze-like basement, desperate to find an escape from the creature. Luck seemed to be on the investigator's side, for once, as a flight of stairs came into view.

Making a mad dash, the investigator flew up the stairs, tore open the door and slammed it shut behind them. On the other side of the door the creature shrieked furiously, pounding its fists against the wooden door, but the investigator braced themselves against the door, keeping the shadow creature locked in the basement. After a few seconds, the banging stopped and the investigator slumped to the ground in relief, their vision darkening as they slipped into unconsciousness.