Summer music 6/18

15 Songs You Need To Add To Your Summer Playlist Right Now

I don't claim to have many talents, but finding good music to jam to is one of the few.

31
Alyssa Owings

I think it's safe to say that in the summer, there is just a certain type of music that becomes prevalent in all of our playlists. You want something that you can bop to at the beach, in the car (hopefully on the way to the beach, let's be honest), or at that family cookout you're bound to be dragged to whether you like it or not. Maybe you'll get lucky and they'll put you on DJ post.

Just in case, I've done some research into some sick songs that are floating around out there right now. I've found all kinds of songs from many different genres, because hey, we're not all interested in the same thing. One thing I have tried to do though, is find music that the average Joe might not necessarily be familiar with.

We all have our own taste in music, and while I think a lot of us enjoy what's popular and what plays on the radio, sometimes it can be fun to step outside of that comfort zone and check out something knew. This is how I've managed to find most of my favorite songs; venturing into my music-unknown.

Keep reading for an awesome list of songs that will impress your friends and your beautiful brain (trust me, you'll love these tunes).

1. Bloom by Trove Sivan

Let us not forget to talk about how incredible this music video is. I mean, wow.

2. Better not by Louis The Child ft. Wafia

One of the best electronic beats I've heard in a while.

3. Cigarette by RAYE, Mabel, Stefflon Don

WHAT A BOP.

4. Familiar by Liam Payne & J Balvin

Liam is really stepping up his game. This is one of my favorite songs right now, 100%.

5. Dura by Daddy Yankee

I've always loved Daddy Yankee.

6. Beachin' by Jake Owen

7. Banjo by Rascal Flatts

I just saw them in concert. What a good time.

8. Summer Nights by Rascal Flatts

I couldn't not include this.

9. Summer Bummer by Lana Del Ray

10. Tip Toe by Jason Derulo ft. French Montana

11. Got It Bad by LEISURE

If you haven't heard of LEISURE yet, it's time that you do.

12. Motion by Emotional Oranges

13. Ball For Me by Post Malone ft Nicki Minaj

Can we just talk about how much everyone is loving Post Malone right now? What an icon. Love you, Posty.

14. ILYSB by LANY

15. In My Head by Shawn Mendez

The entirety of this album is phenomenal

Hopefully you've found some new songs that you're interested in and want to add to your summer playlist! There are definitely some good songs on here (in my humble opinion). Remember to occasionally step outside of your comfort zone when it comes to listening to music because you never know what new stuff you will find!