I Might Be A Hot Mess, But I Have Been SO Blessed

Even in the darkest time of your life, I promise that you can find a light.

502
Courtney Rae Johnson

Have you ever been in a state that you were completely, totally, and utterly ashamed of? Like, you wouldn't want even your best friend to see you like that, much less anyone else.

I found myself in one of those times not long ago, and I remember telling my best friend "No, don't come over. I am a hot mess." Not just a mess, but a hot mess. There I was, curled up in bed watching a chick flick and drowning my sorrows in whatever Italian Ice flavor I had on hand. I was in one of my darkest times, at least it felt like it then, and I couldn't help but feel just a little sorry for myself - and I started praying for things to just get better.

Suddenly, I was overwhelmed with thoughts how good I have it. I thought of teenagers on the street without roofs over their heads, families torn apart by hatred, and children without food or clean water. The visuals were intense. My heart hurt for these people, but it hurt even more because I had become too engulfed in this thunderstorm of hard times for myself to realize just how thankful I should be.

I might have times that I'm a hot mess, but even in those times - I have still been incredibly blessed to have clothes on my back, food in my fridge, a family who loves me, a roof over my head, and an incredible God who is never too far away from reminding me of all He has given me.

Even in the darkest time of your life, I promise that you can find a light. Even when you don't feel Him, He is there. He is always there. As one of my favorite songs states - His love never fails, never runs out, and it never gives up on us. We might find ourselves in a hot mess from time to time, but we can never forget just how blessed we are.

Because God is good, all the time. All the time, God is good.