Hot In Stillwater

Hot In Stillwater

8
Hot In Stillwater

7 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Buying Clothing (SUBTITLE)

1. Is the price reasonable?  Paying a little extra for something that you will wear often is one thing, but feeling like the price is totally unreasonable is another. We need to be sure to use our money wisely. Balance this question with some other questions on this list to make your final decision about purchasing the item.
  2. How often will I wear this? The answer to this question can help determine the answer to question number one. If you think you will wear it often, splurging on the price won’t be as big of a deal. If it is something that you may wear once or twice… it probably isn’t worth it. Save your money for something you will get more use out of.
  3. Do you have something similar? This is something of which we need to be very careful. A lot of times, our taste is so exact that we tend to buy things with little variation over and over again. Asking ourselves this question keeps us from having five black tops and four white lace skirts in our closets. 
  4. Will this be out of style soon? We have to be wary of purchasing “trendy” items. Buying them to some extent is fine, but if it is a trend that seems like it will be short-lived, maybe pass. Buying things that are more likely to be in style for longer periods of time is a smarter way to go. Try to stick with “classic” outfits with a few “trendy” touches. 
  5. Does this flatter me? Sometimes this is a hard one to do because we want to wear things that we “like,” rather than what flatters us. There needs to be a happy medium. If we strictly wear one color because it is our favorite color, we could be cheating ourselves out of looking our best. When buying something, consider how it will look against your body type, hair, skin tone, and eyes. This is something that takes time to learn. If you are unsure what looks good one you, try taking a fashion savvy friend with you next time.
  6. Is it versatile? By choosing items that are versatile, we can extend our wardrobe. Buying solids is a good idea for multiple reasons. They are definitely versatile, and they also tend to contribute a breeze of elegance to any outfit. Simplistic looks focus on your personal beauty, rather than distracting from it.
  7. Do I love it? Out of all of these questions, this is probably the most important one. If you don’t absolutely LOVE the item, don’t buy it. This question applies even if the item is on sale or if someone else thinks it would be perfect for you. Don’t let anyone talk you into buying something. If you love it and feel confident in it, that is what is most important.

Check out these photos. Both girls are wearing stylish leather jackets. Which one would be the smarter buy? If you already have a basic black leather jacket… opt for the fun red one! But if you are looking to buy a leather jacket as a staple in your wardrobe… go for the black. This is an example of where you can splurge a little on the price, because it is versatile and something you can wear often.