Are you a hot girl or a city girl?

Are You A Hot Girl Or A City Girl?

What kind of Summer are you having?

5250
Spotify

It's Summer time! And if you haven't been living under a rock then you should be well aware of the Hot Girl and City Girl Summer personas. The claiming of 'these Summer' spewed from social media by loyal supporters of the rapper duo the City Girls and newcomer Megan Thee Stallion. But what does it mean to be a 'hot girl' or a 'city girl'? I took to my Instagram story to receive opinions from my followers.

It's the City Girls, and you know we'll out f*** you! -City Girls "Take Yo Man"

Instagram

The City Girls are made up of two members Yung Miami (Caresha Brownlee) and JT (Jatavia Johnson). Both ladies are from the state of Florida who represent the 305. They rose to fame with their single "F*** That N****" which includes the famous line 'I need a n**** who gone swipe them visas'. Their popularity grew and landed them the opportunity to release their first studio album titled "Period". This album gave the world bops such as "Where The Bag At" and "Take Yo Man". The female response to the City Girls was crazy! Everyone was instantly a fan of the unapologetic and reckless things they rapped about. The Summer of 2018 was definitely a City Girl summer.

But what does it mean to be a city girl? Here's what my followers had to say:

@og.tati: Taking these dudes money and leaving them.

If your a** a rich n****, I'ma f*** ya 'til you ain't one! -City Girls "Act Up"'

@serene_alvarez: A girl who is trying to have a sugar daddy while not having a baby daddy.

I call my last n**** Monopoly. I f***ed him so good, I owned a few property's - City Girls "Period"

B**** it's money-making Megan, h**, get like me! -Megan Thee Stallion "Hot Girl"

Instagram

Megan Thee Stallion (Megan Pete) is a Houston, Texas native. Her amazing skills in rap cyphers made her very well known in Houston and on Twitter. Although her album "Tina Snow" was released in February 2018, it gained major hype via social media this year with "Big Ole Freak" being the single to set it all off. Fans were really drawn to Meg's drama free personality. She continues to stay out of drama with other female rappers as well as promote beach clean ups! With this support she dropped another album this year titled "Fever" which birthed her Hot Girl Meg alter-ego. Megan affectionately refers to her fans as 'Thee Hotties' and encourages them to enjoy doing 'real hot girl s***'.

What is a hot girl? According to my followers:

@jts.3: A girl with plans [for herself] and has many [side] dudes.

My money thick thick, ayy. Walk with a limp, limp, huh. I'm on some pimp shit, ayy - Megan Thee Stallion- Cash S***

@_c.danielle: A bad chick who doesn't care to scam guys because she has her own bag. She also stays on top of her education and self care.

Get a bag, spin it, make it back time two. I could never let nobody tell me what to do. -Megan Thee Stallion "Money Good"

Being a City Girl or a Hot Girl is all about having fun. Each persona encourages being confident in yourself and not caring about the opinion of others. So this Summer ladies, go out and live your 'bestest' life. Whether that means cleaning up beaches, partying all night, or getting in your bag. Blast the City Girls and Megan Thee Stallion all while being great!