15 Hot Chocolate Ideas To Spice Up Your Holiday Gathering

The holidays are meant for hot chocolate, and while hot chocolate on its own is delicious, sometimes it can get old. To spice up your next holiday gathering, try changing up how you serve your hot chocolate. Check out these fun twists on regular hot chocolate that you can use on your own homemade recipe or even on a regular powdered hot chocolate mix.

1. Peppermint Hot Chocolate

Hot Cocoa photo by Pro Church Media (@prochurchmedia) on Unsplash

unsplash.com

Make your hot chocolate a little more minty by adding some peppermint extract to your hot chocolate. You can make it a bit more festive by adding a candy cane as a garnish!

2. Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate

c1.staticflickr.com

If you want a richer hot chocolate, try making it with heavy cream, a spoonful of caramel sauce, and a pinch of salt. This is bound to be a crowd pleaser!

3. Cinnamon White Chocolate Hot Chocolate

American marshmellow photo by Stefen Tan (@stefentan) on Unsplash

unsplash.com

Add some cinnamon and white chocolate chips to your hot cocoa to change up the taste. You can add whipped cream and a cinnamon stick stirrer for added effect.

4. Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate

Cup, mug, coffee and drink HD photo by Jakub Dziubak (@jckbck) on Unsplash

unsplash.com

Melt some peanut butter to mix into your hot cocoa to give it a nutty flavor. Try making your cocoa with milk too, to make sure it stays creamy.

5. Coffee Hot Chocolate

Hot chocolate in a mug photo by Rachael Gorjestani (@rachaelgorjestani) on Unsplash

unsplash.com

Make some coffee to mix with you hot chocolate. Find the ratio that you like best!

6. Orange Hot Chocolate

Christmas chocolate photo by Vanesa conunaese (@conunaese) on Unsplash

unsplash.com

If you like orange, try mixing some dark chocolate chips and orange zest into your hot cocoa.

7. Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate

Drink, hoto chocolate, mug and cup HD photo by Alisa Anton (@alisaanton) on Unsplash

unsplash.com

Give your hot cocoa some real spice by adding a spoonful of maple syrup and a dash of pumpkin spice!

8. Nutella Hot Chocolate

Beverage, whipped cream, chocolate and cocoa HD photo by Food Photographer | Jennifer Pallian (@foodess) on Unsplash

unsplash.com

If you love Nutella, add it to your hot cocoa! Put a spoonful of Nutella and a pinch of salt into your hot chocolate.

9. S'mores Hot Chocolate

Winter, traditional, hot chocolate and marshmallow HD photo by rawpixel (@rawpixel) on Unsplash

unsplash.com

Add a splash of Torani's Toasted Marshmallow syrup to your drink and top it with lots of mini marshmallows!

10. Eggnog Hot Chocolate

Beverage, chocolate, cream and cookie HD photo by rawpixel (@rawpixel) on Unsplash

unsplash.com

Put a splash of eggnog into your hot chocolate instead of milk!

11. Candied Bacon Hot Chocolate

Pouring pots de crème photo by Erol Ahmed (@erol) on Unsplash

unsplash.com

Cook some bacon, coat it in brown sugar and bake it for about 5 minutes on each side. Use the bacon and some whipped cream to garnish your drink at the end.

12. Earl Grey Tea Hot Chocolate

Coffee, cup, mug and scarf HD photo by Brigitte Tohm (@brigittetohm) on Unsplash

unsplash.com

If you love Earl Grey tea then you'll love this hot chocolate recipe. Heat some heavy cream on the stove and use it to steep your tea. Mix in your chocolate chips to the steeped tea milk and top with whipped cream.

13. Cinnamon Roll Hot Chocolate

Coffee photo by Alina Kovalchuk (@moonofviolet) on Unsplash

unsplash.com

If you want your hot cocoa to taste like a cinnamon roll, add a splash of vanilla extract, some cinnamon, and some white chocolate chips.

14. White Chocolate Blackberry Hot Chocolate

Hot chocolate photo by Magda Fou (@magdafou) on Unsplash

unsplash.com

Let some blackberries simmer a while, drain the juice, and add it into your hot cocoa with some white chocolate chips and milk. If you want, blend what's left of the blackberries after juicing to make a drizzle for on top!

15. Chai Hot Chocolate

Drink, beverage, hot chocolate and book HD photo by Alisa Anton (@alisaanton) on Unsplash

unsplash.com

Brew some chai and add it to your hot cocoa with lots of milk and cinnamon!

From Your Site Articles