15 Must-See Horror Movies To Get You In the Halloween Spirit

It rubs the lotion on its skin, or else it gets the hose again- Silence Of the Lambs (Honorable Mention #1)

86
YouTube

1. Hush

This movie follows a deaf and mute writer through the worst night of her life, and while the writers managed to throw some snarky dialogue in there, you still manage to be stuck on the edge of your seat.

2. The Conjuring

Follow paranormal investigators Ed and Lorraine Warren as they assist a family being haunted and harassed by evil spirits.

3. The Woman In Black

A young man travels to a village, and finds the revenge-crazed spirit of a woman terrorizing the locals. Will he be able to stop her before it goes too far? Only one way to find out. (Peep Daniel Radcliffe)

4. The Exorcist

A young girl becomes possessed by an unfriendly spirit, causing her mother to enlist the help of priests.

5. Sleepaway Camp

Follow Angela Baker and her cousin, Ricky, as they face the ultimate horror... Sleepaway camp. However, once they arrive... They realize this summer, they're gonna be doing a little bit more than just enjoying the outdoors.

6. Would You Rather

Iris is a woman down on her luck. She's trying to make ends meet, and afford the treatment for her brother's leukemia. Then, a knight in shining stethescopes comes and offers her the key to solving all her problems. Just go to this dinner party... It'll be fun.

7. The Babadook

Netflix's LGBT+ Must See Movie! A single mom has a little bit more going on than she can handle already, but one night, she realizes her son's obsession with defending them from monsters might not be the worst thing to happen to them.

8. The Birds

A classic horror movie, Alfred Hitchcock provides all the evidence any bird fearing individual will ever need in this. It focuses in on a small town, where a woman, desperate to win over a guy, is surprising her gentleman with a gift... Well, turns out the birds don't support young love.

9. Sinister

A murder mystery writer in desperate need of a big break moves his family into a house with a bad backstory in hopes of discovering the secrets of the property. What he does find might wind up being more than he can handle.

10. Lights Out

After the tragic death of their father, Rebecca is forced to come home and assist her mentally unstable mother in caring for her younger brother. While home, she discovers some unsettling news about her mother's past... But the past doesn't always like to stay in the past.

11. Don't Breathe

Desperate for money, three teens break into a house rumored to contain a large fortune. What they find inside changes everything.

12. Scream

Inspired by the real-life case of the Gainesville Ripper, Scream follows Sidney Prescott, who becomes the target of a deranged psycho-killer who has begun terrorizing her high school. It is also a good place to go to learn the "rules" of horror movies.

13. Paranormal Activity

Soon after moving into their dream home, Katie and Micah discover some unusual goings on. The couple sets up cameras to try and figure out exactly what is happening, but sometimes, ignorance is bliss. Right?

14. House of 1000 Corpses

This movie showcases a series of misadventures leading in many gruesome occurances. But features a colorful cast of characters, including none other than Captain Spaulding.

15. Insidious

When their child becomes trapped in an inexplicable coma, Josh and Renai (the parents) try to everything for their child, and after 3 months of treatment with no results, they're allowed to return their son to their house, and strange things begin to happen.