My Hope For America In 2017

My Hope For America In 2017

It's been a ride 2016

30
My Hope For America In 2017

This year has been great and not so great. But then again that's every year. Death came and claimed lives, we cried, we laughed, we got a Donald. I know I'm just as surprised. But hey if you are reading this that means you didn't die ...Yet.. so that's something that's great. Here's what I hope for America this 2017.

Demolish hate

The ability to hate resides in everyone. It's like purposely drinking poison and it running though your veins. Truth be told hate will always be around. It's how we know what love is. What we can do to slow it down is start with the person in the mirror. When someone does you wrong do you feel hate towards them? In most cases you most likely wouldn't have pleasant things to say about this individual. You may feel hate slowly creeping up from the darkest corners of your being.

If there is an army for war why not an army for peace and love? Don't show your curled fist, Do something unexpected. Don't spread the hate. Show through your words and actions that you stand against this epidemic. Show love to your neighbor, help that man who isn't as fortunate as you. I can guarantee you that someone is watching and hopefully that person spreads love as well. The domino effect has begun.

Take A Chance

America, Land of opportunity. It amazes me how many people cross the borders to achieve their dreams only to discover that it's false advertisement. It's not all Hollywood where the average dresswear is Gucci. The majority of us are working 9-5 jobs only to discover that your paycheck doesn't properly reflect what you think you deserve. We get lost in the game and only filled our table with bills.

My hope for all of you this year is to do what you love to do. You currently are witnessing me do something I love. To write whatever my soul wants to share. To share my vulnerability, my heartache, my good and bad times with you or whomever cares to read. Look up from the ground and stare at the endless sky. Aim your arrow and shoot until you make it.

No Judging

When we see someone walking down the street our subconscious mind produces a thought. It can either be a compliment or we criticize from the way they walk to their clothes. I agree that it can be hard not to judge it almost comes naturally. But when we judge we are the ones that are losing. We got so caught up in the cover that we didn't bother to open "the book" to read the chapters that made their character.

We are beautifully flawed. We have built skyscrapers that almost touch the sky, we have made technology that keeps advancing. Even after all of our advancements since the caveman days we still fail at the basics. Always choose love.