What I Hope 2017 Brings

What I Hope 2017 Brings

Because we all know what a sh*t show 2016 was.

18
What I Hope 2017 Brings
Happy New Year

2016 was a rough year for everyone it seems like. Donald Trump was elected president, there was violence all around the world, and Harambe was killed. Although 2016 was pretty good to me, I still hope 2017 is better not just for me, but everybody.

1. First, I would love for my health and my friends' and family's health to stay well, because I couldn't imagine losing any of them. I've been blessed with good health all my life, and I take it for granted.

2. Donald Trump won't be as shitty as a president that a lot of people think he will. I was devastated election night, and I'm terrified of what's to come, and I'm just hoping that it won't be as bad as I think. It will definitely be hard saying goodbye to Obama though.

3. Violence goes down. This includes Isis, Aleppo, police brutality, and hate against the LGBTQ community. There was far too much tragedy in 2016, and I think if people get rid of the hate that they have, then we would have less violence. That brings me to equality.

4. Equality for everyone. Equal rights for women, equal rights for African Americans, equal rights for the LGBTQ community, equal rights for Muslims, and equal rights for refugees/immigrants. It's hard to believe that all of these different groups are still being opressed, and I hope 2017 brings more attention to the inequality in this country.

5. An internship. This is a bit more personal, but I really want/need an internship in 2017. It will just be a reassurance to me that I'm a good designer, and a good resume builder.

6. More memes. In a year full of tragedy, memes always made us feel better. I hope they don't go away in 2017, and I expect even better memes to come.

7. I would love to have my favorite sports teams win championships. It's a long shot right now, but I would love for the Packers to win the Super Bowl. I would also love if 2017 brought another Blackhawks Stanley Cup Win.

8. I hope to adopt or rescue a kitten in 2017, because kittens.

9. No creepy clowns. I HATE clowns and I hope that fad is over, and that nothing else creepy comes up in 2017.

10. Finally, I hope 2017 brings a lot more amazing memories.

I aspire to be better in 2017, and wish that it's a better year for everyone. Happy New Year!