How To Decorate Basic Apartment
Food Drink

9 Ways To Make Your Beige Apartment Feel Like Home Without Breaking The Bank

London gloom is not a joke.

848
https://pixabay.com/en/living-room-chair-sofa-couch-home-2155376/

Moving into a new apartment is always exciting but it can also be terrifying. It can especially be terrifying if said apartment is in a new country. Rewind to September when I moved into my "flat" in London only for me and my flatmate to discover it was cold, beige, and ugly. Our place needed some serious TLC. I'd be lying if I said I didn't cry when I first moved in. I know I know, you're probably thinking I'm being overdramatic and I should be grateful I have a place to live in, and I get that. But, when you move so far from home for so long, you want something cozy and inviting to come back to, especially if you've had a bad day. Fast forward to now, we've started making our space cozier, and it really has made a difference.

Cushion Covers

This doesn't even sound like it would make a difference, but it does. We had old orange and brown cushion covers that were fading. The solution? Cute color block cushion covers in warm colors that also made it look like civilized humans lived there.

A throw for the couch

Shop Our House

www.pinterest.com

Our couch is more of a loveseat than a couch if we're being honest (at least it's a pull out), but adding a throw (more warm colors) adds that extra oomph of coziness and we love it (especially for the London weather).

A coffee/tea/hot chocolate corner

My favorite part of the entire flat would have to be the kitchen area. I love having an open kitchen so it makes our small flat look less small. We have an open cabinet section that we decided to use for our hot drink needs. We usually keep boxes of tea, coffee, hot chocolate, mugs, and our French press in this cabinet. The best finishing touch? Our framed "Central Perk" sign. Now it's legit.

Table Runner

Our new blush color chiffon makes for a beautiful runner! Event planner: @jubileelau | Florals by @michaeldaigiandesign. @… | Rustic & Vintage Weddings in 2018 | Pinterest | Wedding, Rose wedding and Dusty rose wedding

www.pinterest.com

To add more color to our bland living/dining area we opted for a table runner instead of a full-on tablecloth (our white rustic dining table is pretty cool in my opinion).

Plants

What better way to spruce up an apartment than to add plants!! We kept them small, mainly because that's all we could fit, but it works.

Decorative vase

Could we put fresh flowers in this vase if we wanted? Yes. Would it still look good if we didn't? Yes. What more could I say?

Candles

Candles just make everything cozier, don't they?

Rug

I remember not understanding the point of rugs as I was a kid. Now that I'm an adult and living away from home, a rug really does bring a room together. Lesson learned.

Poster Prints

You know what else I learned about our apartment? We can't get pushpins into the wall, the solution? Taping posters onto our beige walls.