5 At-Home Beauty Remedies You Can Find in Your Kitchen

Because beauty shouldn't be expensive.

34
Photo by Anete Lusina

Do you ever see products in the store that you want, but don't have the money for? Well, I'm here to tell you that you shouldn't have to waste money on overpriced beauty products. Instead, you should give these at-home remedies a try!

1. Homemade Wax.

Okay, so this one might sound a little odd and is probably the riskiest out of them all. Rather than spending ten plus dollars on wax kits, or dropping tons of money on getting wax removal at a salon, try honey. The first step is to microwave honey in a bowl for around 10 seconds, depending on the microwave you are using. Then, you apply the honey to the area where you want to remove the hair, and quickly add a layer of removal strips or scotch tape, if your feeling extra risky. This one might not be for everyone, so I recommend you make the decision on whether or not to try that on your own discretion.

2.Homemade Facial Scrub.

If you are looking for a facial scrub to use that is cost-effective, try ground coffee and conditioner. Ground coffee is effective for cleansing your skin and removing excess dead skin on your face. Mixing it with a small amount of conditioner creates a face mask texture.

3.  Teeth Whitening.

You can whiten your teeth at home with only one common kitchen ingredient: baking soda, baking powder, or apple cider vinegar. Rather than spending 20 plus dollars on teeth whitening strips, brush your teeth using one of those products every now and then, and the difference in the coloration of your teeth will show.

4. Acne Remover.

This one is also at your own discretion and is not recommended for everyone. Nail polish remover has been known to be a great acne treatment. Please be aware that this can dry out and/or bleach your skin, so be sure to be extremely cautious when handling. The best way to do so is to ensure your hands and skin are clean, and that you only apply a small amount.

5. Beauty Balm.

Last, but definitely not the least important is using vaseline as beauty balm. Vaseline can work great as a form of lip balm. It also works wonders as a form of eye makeup remover, and it overall softens your eyelashes after using mascara which can be dry and harsh.

I hope these ideas can help save you money, or at least inspire you to want to try one of these remedies.