Hollywood Made Expectations Of Love

Hollywood Made Expectations Of Love

Why are all the ones that we want in life fictional?

68
Hollywood Made Expectations Of Love
Wordpress

Television has a history of setting a lot of high expectations for its viewers. Forget about the fact that characters and actors have full glam make up all the time, hair done perfectly, and a full team of artists to adjust anything that goes wrong at the drop of a dime, for us girls there's an even worse expectation -- and that is men. Lets face it, all of the common TV shows of teens girls have hands down the hottest and most genuine guys and men around. It's just not fair. Here's just a handful of men that have ruined my expectations.

1. Liam Court - "90210"

You have to admit, he totally is the ultimate brooding boy that was totally one of your favorite crushes. Not only are his eyes dreamy, but his love for Annie was the thing that had your heart. The way he always was there when she was in need, like a knight in shining armor.

2. Lucas Scott - "One Tree Hill"

The loner that had the major crush on the popular girl, now if that doesn't describe me then I have no idea what else does. Lucas's everlasting love for Peyton was obvious throughout his entire time on the show, even when he was with Brooke.

3. Nathan Scott - "One Tree Hill"

If any man loves me and looks at me the way that Nathan would look at Haley, I will have achieved me dream. Through nine seasons, the whole Chris Keller/music career conundrum, an accident that changed it all, accused cheating with a psycho Nanny, and even a freaking kidnapping they made it through E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G and still maintained to be the ultimate couple goals.

4. Derek Shepherd - Grey's Anatomy

We all know that we will never have a McDreamy in our life, just a McDouble, and it's really just not fair.

5. Steve Hale - "Full House "

You can't deny that you grew up watching Full House completely in love with Steve and DJ. They were just all you wanted in your high school relationships. And what did you get? Definitely not Steve and DJ, that's for sure.

6. Logan Huntzberger - "Gilmore Girls"

Ugh. We all just wish that Logan and Rory got married for our own minds, but at the same time, it totally freed him up to marry us so that was the only good thing about that.

7. Stiles Stilinski - "Teen Wolf"

To be honest, I never watched Teen Wolf, but I do have a twitter account. Dylan O'Brien is just so nice to look at and then the gifs and picture sets that I have seen of Stiles and Lydia just make me fall head over heels even more.

8. Chuck Bass - "Gossip Girl"

If Chuck and Blair aren't your life goals then I don't know what is wrong with you. They are just so perfect for each other and I want someone to love me for all that time. Except, I would like to avoid the whole being sold to his uncle for a hotel scandal, that was just a tad unnecessary.

9. Nate Archibald - "Gossip Girl"

Nate is the ultimate hot boy at school that all of the girls wanted. I mean, it really isn't that hard to want him. Have you seen those eyes? And you know that the fact that he would literally do anything to protect his friends totally just made him THAT much hotter.

10. Seeley Booth - "Bones"

OK, now I know not a lot of teen girls like to sit at home and watch "Bones," but you have to admit that the show is pretty freaking interesting when it's not totally gross. Anyway, Booth is a total stud and he and Brennen make the cutest couple of all time and their child is adorable.

11. Finn Hudson - "Glee"

Finchel is honestly the first "ship" that I ever had. Finn was just the considerate, loving, and genuine guy that honestly anyone would want in their lives as a partner or even just a friend. (It also doesn't help that Corey and Lea were also in love in real life, like they were just too perfect. Forever wishing he could be back on this world, continue to rest easy Corey.)

It's hard to find and create genuine relationships in today's society. Everything is always about sex and hookups, and emotions never seem to come into play. Now on TV there is definitely a lot of sex and a lot of stupid hook ups, but the love always powers through and people always end up with whom they belong. Now I'm not saying that's never going to happen, I'm just saying that at my age on TV -- most characters are already, married with a kid or at least have been in love. But I mean, that is fake after all. Love will find it's day -- just wait for it.