10 Things To Do For A Seasonal Side Hustle This Winter
Lifestyles

10 Things Every College Girl Can Do For A Seasonal Side Hustle In Winter 2019

"A Penny Saved Is A Penny Earned" — Benjamin Franklin

90
Harlee Lynn Toothman

Depending on where you live, the winter season can be ultra-gloomy with endless rain, treacherous sleet, and icy snow storms. And, it's during this season, that there's nothing more we want to do than to sit indoors, curled up on the couch watching Netflix. Because, when it's cold and dark out, how do you find the energy to get up off that couch to do work? Where do you find the motivation to do the side hustles that will earn you the extra cash you might need?

It's hard. But, thankfully for you, there's a list of winter side hustles you can get started on this season ASAP. And luckily for you, many of these you can do without ever leaving the comfort of your own home.

Here's a list of winter side hustles you can start on ASAP to earn those holiday dollars.

1. House sit or pet sit

You know all those friends, neighbors, and locals who travel over the holidays? Yeah, they'll need extra help taking care of their belongings and beloved animals.

2. Tutor Students

You know who else is stressing during the holidays? High school students prepping for their finals or college-entrance exams like the ACT, or SAT. Put up a profile, post on socials, or even a bulletin on a high school campus, and offer your expertise.

3. Sell Your Unwanted Clothes

Do you have clothes, shoes, and accessories you don't want anymore? Skip the yard sale (it's too cold for that) and snap a few photos and post them online on websites like Poshmark, Mercari ThredUp, Ebay or even your own Instagram!

4. Try Freelance Writing

Are you great with words? Try blogging, article writing, or social media writing on sites like Creative Circle or Freelancer.com. Or, consider putting your professional knowledge to good use and offer freelance consulting services

5. Make Holiday Cards

Help your friends get the best holiday card by offering to take photos. Or, charge a small fee for designing the card with the images they like best. Hell, if you're good with paint you could even do the décor by hand.

6. Babysit or Nanny

Maybe you're looking for short, one-time gigs that you can easily slot in your schedule. While your friends are out gift shopping, offer to watch their kids. You could even use Facebook to help book you a job!

7. Be a Personal Shopper

On the flip side, maybe your busy friends or family are too busy to check everyone off their gift list. Lend a hand—and charge a flat fee.

8. Take Up Odd Jobs

You can find odd, one-off gigs on apps like TaskRabbit. Think about helping busy families pack for the holidays, gift wrap items, or even running to the grocery store. Also, see if there are opportunities to bake for events or parties.

9. Sell Seasonal Holiday Goods

Think: Christmas trees, wreaths, or decorations, and/or provide holiday decorating services (like decorating trees and putting up lights).

10. Pick Up a Seasonal Retail Job

Want something that's more steady but has an end-date in sight? Go the classic route and hit up the local mall for an application to your favorite retailer. They'll likely be looking for extra help.