A Holiday Gift Guide For The Person Who Has Everything

Be inspired by my ideas on what to get your significant other this holiday season!

123
Presents

It's the most wonderful time of the year... the time to wrack your brains trying to figure out a present for your significant other. If you're like me, you're stuck with a partner who buys what they want when they want to - leaving nothing for the wish list. Over the years I have had to get creative when shopping for my love. To make things even more difficult, my boyfriend's birthday is at the end of January. So with Black Friday coming up, here is my list of gifts for bae.

1. A Watch

Watches are super classy and can be worn every day or for special occasions. There are fun nerdy watches.

And there are classy grown up watches.

If you really want to be cool, there are pocket watches.

2. A Blanket

A far simpler gift, but there is something so sweet about a handmade blanket. This is an inexpensive gift and you can pick up ready-made kits at your local craft store. The first Christmas we were together, I made my boyfriend a Michigan blanket. He still uses it, four years later.

3. A Gift Subscription

Many subscriptions can be gifted for a certain amount of time. I once subscribed my boyfriend to the Dollar Shave Club for three months. I currently subscribe to Ipsy and Petbox. These are fun gifts, with an element of surprise. They also do a variety of cooking/baking gift boxes, which would be a gift and an excuse to spend quality time together.

4. Tickets!

Material things are all well and good, but memories are priceless. Keep an eye out for any good shows around the holidays and pick up some tickets. If you're able to, go directly to the theater and buy your tickets from the box office. I save $10 a ticket buying directly from the Detroit Opera House, rather than buying online and getting charged service fees from Ticketmaster. This January we're going to see "The Phantom of the Opera."

5. Toys and Games

We may be mostly grown, but sometimes a blast from the past can bring back happy memories and keep us busy for a while. Pick up that special edition version of a board game or the complicated grown-up Legos. It might just be the gift they didn't know they wanted.

6. A Trip

Again, with the idea that memories are priceless, plan a getaway -- it can be a tropical trip or even a staycation! If you're worried about them having something to unwrap, you could always wrap a brochure in a large box.

From Your Site Articles