crafts to make this winter break

7 Artsy Crafts And Skills You Need To Learn Over The Never Ending Winter Break Ahead

Because suddenly free time exists. Crazy? I know.

75
Abigail Rose Fuller

Let's face it after you recover from finals and the Christmas szn, you have a weird amount of time that I never particularly know what to do with. Well, 2019 is gonna be the year for self-betterment so let's start with these 7 things so we can be cool and crafty this year.

1. Knitting 

There is nothing more satisfying than knitting a hat on a cold winter day while drinking a hot beverage. Watch a youtube video because I promise it's easier to learn than you think.

2. Embroidery 

Although this craft is a little harder to master, it is so rewarding. Plus you can get all crafty and embroider your clothes or just make a nice Christmas gift.

3. Calligraphy 

This is a skill I wish I was better at. Imagine all the cute letters you could write to your friends (even though you could 100% text them but that's no fun).

4. Watercolors 

Ah, another craft I am not great at. But for the average human it is relatively easy to learn and you will feel like an artist in no time.

5. Coloring books

Ok not realllllly a craft but have you ever opened an adult coloring book and then suddenly it's two hours later,and you're are the most peaceful you've ever been? Ya me neither.

6. Baking 

Ever made homemade bread? It's easier than you think and you get to eat the final product so #win #win

7. Painting your nails

This is probably something I should have learned at a 6th sleepover but honestly eight years later and I'm still not great. Let's skip the mani pedi and save some money, people.