If 10 Hogwarts Professor's Taught Actual College Classes

Since most schools don't have magical creatures, Hagrid needed a new job.
135

A few nights ago I had a dream I walked into the new semester and all of my teachers were...my favorite professors from Hogwarts? A little weird, but how cool would it be if our beloved Harry Potter characters actually taught all of our classes? There's only one problem though, I don't think many Muggle universities offer Divination or Defence Against The Dark Arts in their curriculum. So what would our retired Hogwarts professors teach? Well, here's what I think.

1. Rubeus Hagrid (Care of Magical Creatures) - Zoology

Who better to teach students all about any animal there is than Hagrid? Students love him for his laid back nature and hands on approach. The more exotic the animal, the more exciting his lessons become, though he'll always have a soft spot for reptiles and arachnids.

2.Severus Snape (Potions and later DADA) - Entry level Chem

Still bitter about not landing the advanced chem gig, Snape just torments helpless students trying to get their science cred or basic chem out of the way. Hope you don't need a helping hand.

3. Horace Slughorn (Potions) - Advanced Chem

Since we don't brew potions here the next best thing, of course, is the Chemistry lab. Slughorn adores hard working students, he even hosts study parties always with snacks provided.

4. Cuthbert Binns (History of Magic) - World History

Basically, everyone just catches up on missed sleep during this lecture. Listening to the monotone voice of Professor Binns while he discusses the history of world powers is enough to make anyone feel dead inside.

5. Sybill Trelawney (Divination) - Philosophy

If you do not have the sight (into the nature of truth and knowledge) or at the very least an open mind then there's not much that Trelawney can do for you. Passionate and just a tad eccentric, her class sure is never boring.

6. Flitwick (Charms) - Public Speaking

Pronunciation is key, just ask Hermione Granger. Flitwick just wants to make sure you charm your way into the minds of your audience and deliver the best presentation possible. He also directs the school choir, what a busy man.

7. Charity Burbage (Muggle Studies) - Sociology

All Professor Burbage hopes for is for students to realize they're all not so different from one another. When she's not in the classroom you can also find her organizing students to help other in need. (Sorry to hit you in the feels, but this scene though, you were friends Severus!)

8. Pomona Sprout (Herbology) - Herbal Medicine

There might not be any mandrakes to burst your eardrums in her classroom, but there's definitely not a shortage of plants will all sort of medical purposes for nearly any ailment. The hipster students love her, something about not trusting modern medicine or something like that.

9. Remus Lupin (Defence Against The Dark Arts) - Mythology

Really now, who better to teach mythology than someone who Muggles themselves believe to be a myth? No one would ever suspect a thing, and students would love him for the occasional canceled class. (After a full moon of course.)

10. Minerva McGonagall (Transfiguration) - Academic Advisor

To the surprise of some, this professor decided to turn up her teaching hat when she arrived at college. Filled with knowledge and wisdom, transfiguring lost and wide eyed students into successful graduates is kind of her thing.

So, what classes would you sign up for this semester?