History Teachers

7 Things History Teacher Need To Learn From "Hamilton"

Make history 3D

4
Allison Turner

Yes, you can and should take teaching advice from a musical.

History Is Not Just About Dates

History was written on a timeline, but those dates mean little to nothing when describing a persons life. There story is more than numbers on a line.

One Person's Story Is Also The Story Of The People Who Played A Part In There Life

Perspective is a beautiful thing that students need to learn to understand. How Hamilton saw Aaron Burr is not the same way his kids viewed him.

Take Your Shot

Try out new lesson plans and explore different ways to teach your students.

You Will Struggle

No one has it easy when they start teaching, especially when teaching a subject as broad as history. A struggle is apart of the war.

Put Yourself, And Your Students In The "Room Where It Happened"

Transport your students into different parts of history and make them feel like they understand every aspects. This includes the emotional and mental part of these debates.

You Never Know Who You Will Impact

Students will never tell you how they feel. However, you will never see them appreciating you. but in the end they will remember you.

Teach About Everyone Even Those Who Wear A Scarlet Letter

Yes while history portrays them as bad, they still have a story that needs to be told.