We Still Don't Know How Or Why Stonehenge Was Built
Nature Animals

One of the most prominent arguments is that Stonehenge intended to be some sort of musical palace, as speculated due to the sounds and noises Stonehenge makes with certain levels of winds.

51
View of Stonehenge
https://unsplash.com/photos/J9-E479LeOc

One of the most recognizable and appreciated monuments of both past societies and the modern one is Stonehenge. Located in southern England and attracting well over a million people per year, Stonehenge consists of about a hundred rocks that are upright in a strange but intriguing circular layout. Based on what current facts exist on Stonehenge, there have been several stages of the creation of the Stonehenge. The first stage started 5,000 years ago, where the Windmill People civilization created the interior area of Stonehenge.

Then, towards the end of the Neolithic period, the stone circle that surrounds the interior was built 500 years later by the Beaker and Wessex People. The reason for Stonehenge's attraction is not solely due to the unbelievable view the site provides, but also because of the mystery shrouding the origins of Stonehenge. Specifically, there is much speculation about how the creation of Stonehenge came to be. With the advanced, capable technology contemporary society possesses, building such a configuration like Stonehenge is a reasonably straightforward feat; however, civilization did not have such equipment and resources all the way back in the Before Christ era which was when the creation of Stonehenge occurred. In fact, the wheel, which is an essential part of most machines, did not exist until many years later.

Despite the various attempts by scientists to prove this anomaly, imagining just how the building of Stonehenge happened leaves much curiosity at hand. One theory that remains very popular today is that extraterrestrial life assisted in the making of Stonehenge, as speculated by Erich von Daniken in his 1968 book "Chariot of the Gods?" However, an even more significant question is why civilizations built Stonehenge in the first place. With its exciting but odd and unpurposeful setup, Stonehenge appears not to serve a clear, distinct purpose.

Again, there have been many scientific theories and ideas as to what function Stonehenge served. One of the most prominent arguments is that Stonehenge intended to be some sort of musical palace, as speculated due to the sounds and noises Stonehenge makes with certain levels of winds. To this day, Stonehenge is by far the most mind-provoking mystery of the natural world that does not have a rational explanation despite the centuries of work devoted to discovering the real meaning behind Stonehenge.