4 Reasons Your Dog Really Is Your Best Friend, No Questions Borked
Nature Animals

The real reasons we all love our furry friends.

79
Personal Photo

Regardless, if you just moved out on your own, went out and got yourself a new place with your person, or started a family, the same thought always seems to swish around in your mind: "We should get a dog!" Maybe you don't want to face the expectations of adulthood alone, you're ready to take on a little more responsibility, or you want a lifelong pal for your kiddo, there is a reason why we always fantasize about having our own little puppy to ourselves. I think the reason we all feel this way is simply because dogs can offer us, among other things, 4 reasons to prefer dogs over humans.

1. Dogs are excited to see you ONE HUNDRED PERCENT of the time.

Now, for all of you who have at one point interacted with a human, you know that this is certainly not the case with them. You could get into a huge fight with your significant other, or really disappoint yourself with a not-so-great exam grade or day at the office and you walk through that door to an overwhelming amount of joy that you may just feel like you don't deserve. But, your pup doesn't care. Unconditional love: It's something everyone wants and maybe that's why everyone wants a dog.

2. Dogs don't see your scars.

Dogs don't care about the things that have hurt you in the past. They don't care about the loss you've endured or the fights you've overcome, or even the fights you haven't yet won. You can be your complete self, no judgment, no talking, just love. Always.

3. Dogs are a fabulous workout partner.

Not only is your pup always up for a good run, they NEED a good run. You'll make their day by taking them outside to check out the neighborhood and you'll get your steps in for the day too. It truly is a win-win!

4. Dogs keep secrets better than any person you've ever met.

Have you ever just needed to go on a rant before? You ever need to clear your mind and get all the annoyance of your day out of your head and into the air? Well, good news is, you're normal. Bad news is, though, your friends can't always keep a secret. Somehow the fact that you can't STAND that your coworker chews with their mouth open always comes back around and you're the one getting chewed out in the end. Your dog, on the other hand, doesn't speak. Sounds like a great person to complain to if you ask me.

Always remember to give your furry friend as much love and affection you can because they may not be your "person," but you sure are theirs.