The Most Highly Anticipated Music of 2017

From Drake to Fleetwood Mac, 2017 is sure to be a great year in music.

69
filme5.net

2016 was a great year for music, but I'm predicting that 2017 will be even better. Here's a list of the (or at least my) top ten most anticipated albums of 2017 from artists like Drake, Coldplay, and more!

1. Ed Sheeran - Divide

Keeping with the trend of mathematical operations as album titles, Ed Sheeran will release his newest album, Divide, on March 3, 2017. He has released two singles from the album so far: "Shape of You" and "Castle on the Hill". Since Sheeran took a year off from the public eye to work on his music, I expect this album to be his best yet.

2. Drake - More Life

Drake, who is known for his quick production and output of quality music, is expected to release more than one project in 2017. The first will supposedly be titled More Life and will most likely be put out early in the year.

3. Coldplay - Kaleidoscope EP

Chris Martin, lead singer of Coldplay, wrote on Twitter, "We're working on some songs for next year. It's called the Kaleidoscope EP." And that's all we get to know. Thanks Chris Martin.

4. Melanie Martinez

Melanie's newest album will be based off her debut album, Cry Baby. In her new release, her lyrics will be written as if she is a narrator. The title of the album has not been officially stated.

5. John Mayer - The Search for Everything

In November, John Mayer gave us a taste of his new music with a fresh song titled "Love On The Weekend." Classic John Mayer, with a current and fresh twist on his sound. The Search for Everything will be release four songs at a time (each month) starting January 20th.

6. Fleetwood Mac

Fleetwood Mac starting writing for a new album two years ago, but touring got in the way of completing the album. Now in 2017, they are back in the studio, looking to finish the project they started. Unfortunately, Stevie hasn't participated. But who's to say it can't be a great album.

7. Father John Misty

In December, Father John Misty debuted three brand new songs at a benefit concert for Seattle Children's Hospital. He also reported that his newest album is finished, making it set for a 2017 release. It will be his first release since I Love You, Honeybear in 2015 (one of my personal favorite albums).

8. Haim

Haim released their debut album in 2013, so it's safe to say I've been desperately waiting for a new release. Haim's new album will be released in the summer of 2017 and is rumored to have a more "organic" feel than their first album. (!!!!!!!!)

9. Arcade Fire

The new and highly anticipated Arcade Fire album will most likely be in the hands of fans by the spring of 2017. Not much has been said about the album so far, but it has also been said that a huge tour may be in the works!

10. The xx

The xx's new album, I See You, was released on January 13th. What a perfect way to start off the year, amirite? If you're in to indie pop and indie electronic...this is the album for you.

With this just being a small handful of the artists set to release new music in 2017, this year is sure to sound incredible.