Highlights of 70th Annual Emmys

The Top 5 Highlights From The 70th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards

From proposals to poking fun at inequality in television, the 2018 Emmys had it all.

37
https://www.flickr.com/photos/163248236@N06/44715594032/in/photolist-2b8n7eN-P4VyEs-2bcv3SM-2b7YgmG-MrjzQ6-29NNrbv-29NLBTM-29NLqpp-2bc6Ev8-Mra2hP-2a6uqUb-28qW9eJ-2bbSEcD-28qW69f-P4cYqs-P4cavq-2b7wp2o-MqXRQV-28qUoVw-MqXGhX-29Nvj2V-MrsXBM-29NCSop-2bbW2rr-P4giFq-29Nx8oM-MqXSac-2bbQNNk-28qT7oA-2a6ihPW-2bbFFhg-2a6aqGf-28qJcwE-2b7hKpL-P3Vtpo-2a67L2y-2b7fQRG-2b7fQKQ-28qDJQw-P3Tk3Y-28qADuh-P3Nhm5-28qwG3w-2a5WfrS-29MYUXZ-2a5t7uJ-2b6sLso-29M9SoX-2b66sCN-29M6FYe
Flickr

The 70th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards aired this past Sunday, Sept. 16, and was full of surprises. Here are some highlights from the night celebrating achievements in television.

1. Glenn Weiss proposed to his girlfriend.

media1.giphy.com

Director Glenn Weiss surprised the audience and viewers when he proposed to his long-time girlfriend, chief creative officer at Charity network, Jan Svendsen after receiving his award.

2. Alex Borstein goes braless and works it.

media0.giphy.com

Alex Borstein, who won an award for supporting actress in "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel," shed part of her dress when getting to receive it. She shimmied her way up there and felt no shame in not wearing a bra with her outfit.

3. "Marvelous Mrs. Maisel" wins, Rachel Brosnahan's encourages others to vote.

media3.giphy.com

Star of "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel," Rachel Brosnahan received the Emmy for Lead Actress in a Comedy Series, and the show itself won other awards as well, but when giving her acceptance speech, Brosnahan encouraged others to vote because the show is about a woman starting fresh and a new life, and so can others. She made a point that your voices matter, and you can make a difference.

4. Michael Che's reparation Emmy Awards.

media2.giphy.com

Michael Che of SNL, hosted this year's Emmys. A topic of the night was inclusion, and how minorities have not been included as much in previous Emmys. He handed out "reparation Emmys," to actors and actresses in a sketch.

5. Henry Winkler finally wins an Emmy.

media2.giphy.com

Formerly known as The Fonz, on "Happy Days," Winkler finally received an Emmy for his role as Gene Cousineau on HBO's comedy "Barry." He was truly beaming when he got up on stage to receive his award.

This year's Emmys was full of fun and surprises, and tackling topics that need to be mentioned. I cannot wait to see what next year brings.