"Saturday Night Live" has been fantastic lately. They also do well around an election season, and the extreme turbulence of this election leading to an extremely turbulent presidency the case and crew have had extra fuel for their fire. Kristen Stewart hosting on February 4 was a gem among gems. Here are some of the highlights.
1. Trump's phone call with Zimbabwe (among others)
"You think you are a dictator? I will rip out your spine!"
2. Kristen accidentally swearing in the monologue
3. The Totinos commercial/short foreign indie film
Excuse me while I go out and buy every box of Totinos I can find.
4. The updated "Welcome to the United States" video
"And you will be required to eat a hot dog in front of us."
5. Dry Fridays
Please tell us more stories, Courtney!
6. Melissa McCarthy as Sean Spicer
I have a lot of thoughts about this, but I'll try to sum it up quickly. This is art. I love Melissa McCarthy. She was perfect. I couldn't believe how funny this was when watching for the first time (then many times after) though it became bittersweet when I thought, "Oh no, this reflects what is happening in the White House right now."
7. Kate McKinnon as Betsy DeVos
Is there no end to the characters that Kate McKinnon can play?
8. Speaking of which, the return of Justin Bieber
9. Leslie Jones as Samuel L. Jackson
Especially breaking character
"I really do have polio."