From High School To College, It's Been A Wonderful Journey
Education

It's quite the adventure.

165

Does the title sound click-baity? Good. You and I both know it wasn't the greatest adventure. Nonetheless, throughout my times I spend alone I often think to myself about my own life. Often through the times of thinking about time travel and non-existence as mentioned before in previous articles, I often take a look into my main span of growth known as high school. I know it's cheesy and corny to say the least, due to the fact that almost everyone does this. High school is a big step in life. Many people would often believe this as well.

Personally, I believe high school is the biggest part of growth from childhood to adolescence into becoming a young adult. I could sit here all day typing away on how high school messed me up or how great or terrible it was and sum it up like that. But honey, that's not what I'm going to do. Instead, I'm gonna break down my reflection of high school, and what I've gone through in it (this is not including programs outside of high school).

9th Grade Freshman Year:

https://giphy.com/gifs/holidayinnexpress-sleep-rea...

Okay, let's be real here, freshman year of high school was like the crash test year of high school. You either don't know everyone there, or you do, but what you do know is that you're not prepared for the next 3 years of bullshit. I'm sorry I meant adventure and all of your high school fantasies. Anyways, freshman year for me was definitely the crash test year of my high school career. I didn't know many people and I was instantly regretting my choice of being in this school.

However, that changed when I started making friends and getting into the course I wanted to graduate with. Mind you I went to a vocational school, so I was able to pick a major course and graduate with that qualification (yeah no stress there). So freshman year was a way to swift on through all the major courses as a test drive and see if I actually like one of them. Luckily for me, I did and was able to go right on through to sophomore year.

10th Grade Sophomore Year:

I'm not gonna lie to you, I only vaguely recall any of my sophomore year. I don't know why, and it's funny since I am writing about my high school reflection but I frankly recall mostly 30% of it. But even then, sophomore year is like the follow up OK or bad sequel of any movie that did well the first time around. Only because the producers became greedy and wanted to stretch the franchise out a little more (I'm looking at you Shrek and Percy Jackson).

https://giphy.com/gifs/movie-percy-jackson-sea-of-...

Okay okay, sophomore year wasn't as bad from what I recall but it did spark a lot of things you'd normally expect from a bunch of awkward, sweaty, and diverse group of teens. From weird love interests and squabbles, to still making new friends, to having to take PSATs you haven't even studied for. While also trying to maintain a social life and homework. Personally, from what I recall, it wasn't as bad as it could have been. I had my fair share of cruel and unjustified teachers who graded a bit unfairly, alongside weird love parallelograms, and nearly flunking math every cycle but it was alright.

11th Grade Junior Year:

Ah yes, the third sequel that actually ends up being the arguably the best in the franchise (still talking about you Shrek, and I'm staring at you Spider-man(yes the Sam Raimi version)).

https://giphy.com/gifs/spiderman-3-makin-my-way-do...

Okay, maybe not that scene but its still a good movie. Anyways, junior year was what I believe a great time and a stressful time in my high school career. It's the year you start planning your life out, take the SATs and ACTs, what colleges you're considering to apply to next year and worrying about taking AP classes. I don't know I guess for me it felt like it was honestly a great time to plan out your future before it's crunch time to do so. Plus junior year was the year of love in my opinion. The year you found someone you were either really interested in or a partner that lasted till the end of high school or more. Personally, it was the year I made a special bond with all of my friends and even found love throughout the journey.

12th Grade Senior Year:

Senior year, it felt great to be here, didn't it? The 4 years of mental, and emotional trauma was almost over and then it's smooth sailing to adulthood. Honestly, everyone and their mother's could agree, senior year was the best year of high school. Yeah, you had the stress of whether you're graduating or not, and whether or not a college accepted you, but overall it was all worth it. As you sit through the boring speech on graduation day just thinking to yourself, "Man I really am gonna miss it here. It was well worth it."

As you watch your friends and fellow classmates get up on that podium and get collect their diploma, as you leave the ceremony and go on through your own separate lives, or stay in touch in the end, we can all agree senior year, could be one our favorite years. Having taken the SATs and ACTs and already having my college acceptances, it literally was a smooth ride from here on out. I recall cutting classes to check out colleges I was accepted to just to grasp the feel of the campuses and spending long nights with my friends watching movies or driving around. But that's just me. Overall, high school was an adventure, whether you wanted to make it one or not. I don't necessarily miss it but I do miss the best of times I've had in it. So cheers, from an alumna of the class of 2016!

https://giphy.com/search/gatsby-cheers