I Miss My Fellow High School Show Choir Friends

They will always be my second family.

35

My whole high school career I was apart of the Chattooga High School Indian Sonata. In some way, shape, or form. We all had our ups and downs but we were always there for one another. We saw each other every day. We couldn't help to get attached to each other. Late nights, early mornings; we were there with each other.

I loved working together to make dance moves and our endless practices where we goofed off. A LOT. And got in trouble because we goofed off. A LOT. I loved our extremely loud jam sessions on the bus on our way back from competitions. We jammed out to High School Musical (of course; We're kids at heart), Camp Rock, Katy Perry, etc. We also jammed out to the songs we were going to be performing. Even though listening to those songs over and over again made us hate the songs. Example: Let It Go; I swear every time we heard that song, we got so annoyed.

I miss our block parties with karaoke. I miss watching the other show choirs perform. I miss our goofiness. I made some of my best friends by joining show choir. Some of my friends I still talk to on a daily basis. Some I talk to every now and then. No matter what I know I can always count on them.

We had our drama but what show choir doesn't. We were stuck with each other for a long period of time. We had our fair share of arguments but most of the time we got over them. We're a family. Always have been. I may not be a part of the show choir but I still support them. Now I'm in the concert choir in college and I hope we get to become a family too.

I miss you all.