To The High School Seniors During Their Last Month Ever, Don't Be Afraid To Cry

You probably thought this day would never come.

790
Lindsey Rutherford

To High School Seniors,

Graduation is right around the corner. You probably thought this day would never come. Maybe you have been dreading it or maybe you have been over the moon excited about it. Either way, it is coming.

I'm sure your senioritis has fully kicked in by now, but finish off the school year strong. Kill those AP Exams and finals. But, also enjoy your last month of high school to the fullest extent. Don't stress about homework and grades. Hang out with your friends. In just a few months, you will be leaving them and will have wished you would have spent more time with them when you could have.

Prom is probably right around the corner. Be ready to share one last dance with your entire class. There is nothing like singing and dancing with your best friends one last time. And make sure to take a lot of pictures- you will want them to look back on:)

Make sure to thank your teachers. They have pushed you to be where you are today and all of the knowledge you have gained over the past four years is because of them. They fostered your learning and taught you how to express yourself at the same time. You may not know it at the time, but you are really going to miss them in college.

Push through those graduation practices. Yes, they may seem pointless and annoying, but in the end it'll be worth it.

Don't be afraid to cry. Crying isn't a bad thing.

Have fun. Make sure to participate in senior prank day. It'll be one of your favorite memories of senior year and will give you a few last laughs in your high school hallways. Attend school events with your friends and take in your surroundings for your last month.

Lastly, spend time with your family- they are going through a tough time too knowing that you will be leaving home in a few months. Graduation will be hard but exciting for your parents, so make sure to give them a hug and tell them "Thank you" for allowing you to attend an amazing high school for four years.

Sincerely,

A college freshman