After watching any of the "High School Musical" movies for the first time, we all dreamt of meeting our Troy Bolton at a ski lodge on New Year's Eve. There were plenty of times throughout these movies where we caught ourselves wanting more than ever a dance in the rain or a picnic on a golf course. Although the "High School Musical" movies gave us false hopes of not only high school but of relationships, we couldn't help but feel the love. Needless to say, these movies were a HUGE part of any teenager you talk to's life. Here are the top moments where the "High School Musical" trilogy put us in our feels:
1. When the MC for the New Year's party said "Someday you guys might thank me for this."
What better place to start than at the beginning! We all knew from this moment that we would be giving all the credit for Troy and Gabriella's relationship to the MC at the New Year's teen party.
2. The first time Troy and Gabriella sang together.
Needless to say, this performance was magical. You felt the sparks between these two through the screen the whole time. As Troy Bolton sang, "this could be the start of something new."!!
3. When Gabriella didn't have anyone to sing with at the musical auditions and Troy marched in and said "I'll sing with her."
During their audition, Troy and Gabriella found what they were looking for.
4. When Troy takes Gabriella to his secret hiding spot.
When they were talking about things being "just like kindergarten".
5. When Troy and Gabriella played basketball together.
After watching this scene, we all wanted our future boyfriends to shoot hoops with us for fun. But once Coach Bolton walked in and Gabriella left, Troy couldn't help but get defensive about his girl.
6. When the basketball team and the scholastic decathlon members planned to break up Troy and Gabriella.
This scene put us in our sad feels. As happy and cute a majority of the first movie is, we couldn't help but get upset about what Troy said about Gabriella and how she's "just a girl".
7. "When There Was Me and You" made us emotional.
We felt all the feels when Gabriella was singing about Troy.
8. When Troy showed up at Gabriella's house to get her back.
When Troy sang "The Start of Something New" to Gabriella while she was on her balcony, we couldn't help but smile because she'd end up taking him back.
9. The ENTIRE "Breaking Free" performance.
From the moment where Troy settles Gabriella's nerves to the end of the performance, this whole scene is one of the best in "High School Musical" history.
10. When Troy kisses Gabriella on the cheek after their performance.
It's hard to not smile during this part.
11. When Jason shoots a basket with Kelsey right before "We're All In This Together" starts.
Kelsey finally had her moment and it couldn't be cuter.
12. When Troy and Gabriella had a moment during "We're All In This Together."
After this, we couldn't wait for more movies with this duo.
13. Every time Troy would look back at Gabriella during class in all three movies.
This happens during every movie and it's probably one of the cutest moments.
14. In "High School Musical 2" when Troy gives Gabriella a "T" necklace.
We've seen all the memes made from this scene but when Gabriella receives the necklace from Troy, we all smiled. You can't even doubt it.
15. The "Fabulous" Troy and Gabriella encounter.
When Gabriella dives into the pool to make sure Sharpay isn't drowning, Troy stumbles into Lava Springs and is beyond happy to see his girl.
16. Troy and Gabriella during "Work This Out."
When Troy and Gabriella sing about their date that's already made.
17. When Troy and Gabriella have a date on the golf course.
From the picnic to dancing in the sprinklers, this scene had us all in our feels. This is an ideal date.
18. The ENTIRE "You Are The Music In Me" scene.
Personally, this scene is one of my favorites in any "High School Musical" movie. There's nothing better than seeing Troy and Gabriella sing together.
19. When Gabriella is upset during "Gotta Go My Own Way."
At this point during the second movie, Gabriella is upset with Troy for making her a second option. She leaves her summer job because she needs to do her own thing for a little while.
20. The ENTIRE "Everyday" scene.
From the moment when Gabriella surprises Troy to the end when the whole crew joins them on stage, this scene had us all in our feels.
21. When Troy and Gabriella FINALLY kiss.
The moment we've all been waiting for. And to make it even cuter, they kiss in the sprinklers on the golf course.
22. Troy and Gabriella during "Now or Never in High School Musical 3: Senior Year."
When Troy gets hurt during the big game, he looks to Gabriella for support.
23. When Troy takes Gabriella up to his tree house.
You know she's special to him when she's the first girl to be taken up to his tree house besides his mom.
24. The ENTIRE "Can I Have This Dance" scene.
From the promposal to the dancing in the rain, this scene is goals.
25. When Troy and Gabriella rehearse "Just Wanna Be With You".
Needless to say everyone's hearts melted during this scene.
26. When Gabriella talks to Troy about Stanford and how she has to leave East High.
Troy didn't find out about Gabriella's Stanford acceptance from Gabriella herself. Once she tells him, he gets upset that she didn't tell him. This is when "Walk Away" starts.
27. When Troy shows up to Stanford and says "My prom, is wherever you are.
When Troy goes to Stanford to surprise Gabriella, he says "my prom, is wherever you are." He wants to do everything in his power to bring her back to East High for prom and for their final performance together.
28. The ENTIRE "Senior Year Spring Musical" performance of "Just Wanna Be With You."
If I'm being honest, this performance might be my favorite one out of all three movies. (Besides "You Are The Music In Me" and "Everyday".) From the moment when Troy and Gabriella stepped out on stage to when he surprises her with roses, this performance is just the cutest.
29. When Troy introduces Gabriella during the graduation scene of the musical.
After Troy chooses what college he's going to attend the following fall, he says the iconic quote "...which is why I picked a school that's exactly 32.7 miles from you."
30. Watching the final curtain drop.
If this scene didn't get you in your feels, you're probably lying.
Although I could go on for hours about catching feels from these movies, these are the key moments where we all fell in love.