5 High-End Makeup Products And Their Drug Store Dupes

Tired of spending hundreds on high-end cosmetics? Here are 5 cheaper alternatives to your favorite products!

2585
Huffington Post

Bringing home a coveted makeup product from brands like MAC, Urban Decay, and Tarte is always satisfying. Even though purchasing these brands always hurts my bank account, wearing expensive makeup makes me feel like a celebrity, and who doesn't like to feel important once in a while? It's totally acceptable to splurge on high-end cosmetics once in a while, but the good news is that there are drug store "dupes" that work just as well for sometimes less than half of the price of luxury items! I've compiled a list of my favorite dupes for you and your wallet's sake.

1. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion vs. Essence I Love Stage Eyeshadow Base

The Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion is one of the most commonly purchased eyeshadow primers. It can be purchased for $20, and comes in several different formulas. Although this product works well, I have found that the Essence I Love Stage Eyeshadow Base, which costs $3.49, is an even better buy. It can be used to hide eye pigmentation and prevent your eyeshadow from creasing or wearing off. Switching to this drug store dupe would even save you $16.51!

2. MAC Lipstick vs. NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream

MAC's lipsticks are known to be used by many celebrities and beauty experts. When looking for a smooth matte lip, MAC is the way to go. That is, of course, if you're willing to drop up to $20 for a tube of lipstick. NYX Cosmetics also makes a great matte lip cream for just $5.99. That's up to $14.01 in savings! With that, I'd buy even more shades of lip color!

3. Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Setting Powder vs. Paladio Oil Absorbing Rice Powder

Personally, my skin is a total oil slick. Tarte makes a great setting powder for my fellow oily skin friends and I, the Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Setting Powder. Retailing for $33, it's a pretty pricy product. When it comes to setting powder, the one thing you don't want is a powder that you're afraid to use much of because it's expensive. It's always nice to have a powder that you can touch up with during the day! Lucky for us, Paladio makes a comparable powder that absorbs oil and keeps your skin looking matte all day long. For $5, you can purchase the Paladio Oil Absorbing Rice Powder. That's $28 in savings!

4. Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray vs. L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Spray & Set Makeup Extender Setting Spray

Using a makeup setting spray is one of the most important steps in doing your makeup. Most setting sprays are on the pricier side, but are well worth the purchase. Urban Decay makes a great setting spray called the All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray, which retails for $30. L'Oreal makes a very comparable setting spray for almost half the price. The Infallible Pro-Spray & Set Makeup Extender retails for just $16.99, which is a $13.01 savings!

5. Benefit High Beam Liquid Highlighter vs. NYX Born to Glow Liquid Illuminator

Highlighting is so popular and trendy right now. Benefit's High Beam Liquid Highlighter is a fantastic way to get a dewy glow, but its price tag is a bit hefty for such a small bottle at $26. NYX sells a very similar formula called the Born to Glow Liquid Illuminator, which sells for only $7.50. That's $18.50 in savings!

Let everyone know your favorite makeup dupes in the comments below!