Hidden Gems From Popular Alternative Artists

Hidden gems are hits too!

60
pexels

Nowadays people love catchy pop music and we can all see why: it's fun. Catchy pop songs are fun to listen to, you mesmerize the lyrics instantly because the words instantly hook you, and make you want to dance. In the world of continuing pop music, one thing emerges from all of the new catchy songs: artists and bands have much better songs than the ones that get radio play. Here are a few artists and bands that got famous for pop songs, but have other songs that are much better than their most played ones!

1. Walk The Moon

Famous song: "Shut Up and Dance"

"Shut Up and Dance" got famous in late 2014, for all of the right reasons. It was a fun song, the lead singer from Walk The Moon has a catchy, charming voice, and the lyrics tell listeners a little love story.

Lesser known songs: "Tiger Teeth" and "Surrender"

Both "Tiger Teeth" and "Surrender" are off of Walk The Moon's third studio album, What If Nothing. Both of these tracks illustrate the band's abilities to create not only heavy pop-influenced songs but instead create an emotional journey for listeners. The whole album is worth a listen, as are their first two albums!

2. The 1975

Famous song: "The Sound"

"The Sound" was a catchy tune, gaining fame in early 2016, because of it's funky vibes and interesting background music, along with the lyrics and the voice of the band's lead singer, Matty Healy.

Lesser known songs: "Robbers" and "A Change of Heart"

Off of The 1975's first studio album, "Robbers" causes a whirlwind of emotions throughout the track. The song really illustrates the band's ability to make a movie out of a song, and overall make genuine art. "A Change of Heart," off of the band's sophomore album is a sad, yet happy song, about changing your heart or mind, for better or for worse. Both songs prove the fact that The 1975 isn't solely just a pop-heavy band.

3. AWOLNATION

Famous song: "Sail"

"Sail" was AWOLNATION's jump onto the mainstream charts. Lead singer, Aaron Bruno's, vocals make for a very interesting song and story throughout this track.

Lesser known songs: "Hollow Moon (Bad Wolf)," and "Woman Woman"

"Hollow Moon (Bad Wolf)" and "Woman Woman" are both off of AWOLNATION's sophomore studio album. "Hollow Moon (Bad Wolf)" is a fun track, about facing your fears. "Woman Woman" is all about female empowerment and how women are perfect beings. Overall, all of AWOLNATION's tracks are perfect for your new workout playlist and will make you feel pumped!

4. Vance Joy

Famous song: "Riptide"

"Riptide" was Vance Joy's simple hit and pushed him onto mainstream charts. Using his mad ukulele skills and very interesting vocals, Vance Joy created Riptide and made fans go wild for the track.

Lesser known songs: "Saturday Sun" and "Bonnie & Clyde"

From Vance Joy's sophomore album, "Saturday Sun" and "Bonnie & Clyde" are two hidden gems. "Saturday Sun" is a happy, ukulele ridden tune that will warm your bones and just make you happy. "Bonnie & Clyde" takes you on the journey of the infamous crime duo, from start to finish. It's kind of a downer, but it's definitely worth listening to!

Artists nowadays are famous for songs that are poppy and uplifting, but some of their lesser known songs are true gems and deserve some more recognition. Have a great day and happy listening everyone!