Hey Best Friend, I Promise To Do Better

Hey Best Friend, I Promise To Do Better

I promise to do better at this whole long distance thing, and I hope you do too.

37
Hey Best Friend, I Promise To Do Better
Venture Beat

Summer flew by with you by my side. The food dates, the Starbucks dates, and all the other times that we just sat in each other's company occasionally gossiping about something we saw on social media made summer go by in an instant. Before we knew it, it was time to return to our respective schools, to our respective friends, and to our respective lives. And even though we may have different lives once were at school, lives that don't necessarily mean keeping in touch as much as summertime us did, I hope this year we do better.

Don't take me wrong, this letter isn't meant as side-eye, shade throwing, "hey you better keep in touch" with me letter. This letter is about being better. About both of us being better best friends, about us not letting the other fall into the background, about both of us remembering what exactly our friendship means. So yes, I hope we do better and that we always do better.

I hope this year we're better about sending texts, and even Snapchats, because that means that we're doing better about staying updated with each other's life.

I hope this year we're better about answering those 2 a.m. "oh my gosh help" texts, even though we live hours apart because that means we're always there for each other despite the distance.

I hope this year we're better about visiting each other, instead of saying that we need to, because that means that we really do miss each other.

I hope this year we continue to celebrate our accomplishments together because that shows that we still care about each other's future.

I hope this year we still help the other push past our losses, because that means we still never want to see the other feel defeated.

Most of all, I hope this year (and the years after) that we continue to be best friends, even though we live completely separate lives for the majority of the year. I hope that you remain my person, and I yours, and that we get another year closer and not another year further apart.

So, here's to you best friend. I promise to be better, and I hope you do too.