2020... A Year For Myself

2020... A Year For Myself

Heres to a new year and a new beginning. It's time to start caring more about your physical, mental, and spiritual self.

5
2020... A Year For Myself

As the year 2019 came to an end, I started thinking of the typical New Year resolutions that never get done that I wanted to make for myself. Of course the typical workout, eat healthy, and be happy all came to mind, but I needed a change. A clean slate.

Throwback to summer of 2019, my friend and I were gossiping about boys, of course. We felt as if all of our good friends were starting to find that person for them. We started getting anxious about when our time was going to be. As a sophomore in college, I felt as if it was time to find my future husband.

After longing to have that relationship in my head, nothing ever happened. In fact, my friend and I were losing hope.

As I was sitting in my bed getting ready for my big New Years Eve event, I came to a realization. No wonder why I haven't found my man yet. It's all because I am not happy with myself! Of course I was happy during 2019, but I lost track of my health. I forgot to focus on me- watching what I put in my body, not working out, losing a close relationship to the Lord, and not taking out time to rest. Little did I know that I was just putting myself down.

I realized that when I am completely confident and happy with myself, that is when things will happen. I have to love myself and take care of myself to love and treasure my forever partner.

So I decided while getting ready for the New Years party, that I am not going to make a resolution that I will never complete, but to change and fix my life style.

It is currently January 8, 2020 and so far I have made slight differences to my everyday life and I already feel a change. I am happy, stronger, and on my journey to recovery.

I have been waking up earlier to workout. After that I do my devotional. I am prepared for classes and have my notebooks organized. I have been eating more natural foods. And guess what came along with all these changes? Me not thinking or worrying about any boys. Why? Because I am happy with myself.

2020, I am excited to see what you have in store for us!