Here's How The TikTok Creator Fund Works

If you have a TikTok account, you've probably heard of the Creator Fund. Simply put, it's a way for TikTok creators to make money off their videos. While making money off TikTok sounds great, it may not be as easy as you think.

Qualifications

As stated on TikTok's website, you are eligible if you

1. Are based in the US, UK, France, Germany, Spain or Italy

2. Are at least 18 years old

3. Have at least 10,000 followers

4. Have at least 10,000 video views in the last 30 days

5. Have an account that fits the TikTok Community Guidelines and terms of service

If you fit these qualifications, congrats; you can apply for the creator fund. However, that doesn't exactly mean you'll be making Charli D'amelio money.

According to TikTok, there is no set amount of how much money you'll make per video.

"The Creator Fund total varies daily and is dependent on the amount of videos published by our community that
day - so this will fluctuate based on the amount of content being published."

TikToker @not_not_mariah_ calculated how many views she would need to pay off her student loans, and she got the unfathomable number of 642,000,000. She based this off her Creator Fund "paycheck" of $52.93 after receiving 1,000,000 views one day.

Similarly, influencer Jack Dail made a video about his unsatisfactory Creator Fund experience. He made $45 from a video with 2,000,000 views and 400,000+ likes.

So, if you happen to go viral on TikTok, that doesn't exactly mean it's time to quit your job. It may be possible to make a little extra money, but it'll take a lot more than a viral video to catch up to Charli.

Either way, if you fit the qualifications, there's no hurt in applying for the Creator Fund. It may not make you rich, but it's better than nothing.