Hemp Vs. Marijuana, How And Why To Know The Difference

The differences between the usage, legalization, and confirming the misinformation that has been given.

62

What is Hemp?

Hemp

Source

Hemp is a plant-based product that is used to describe and classify different types of Cannabis ( a source of fiber, oil and food, and for its medicinal and intoxicating properties.) containing 0.3% or less THC.

It is the strongest natural fiber in the world & known to have over 50,000 different uses.

Legality: In 2018, Hemp was legalized under the Agricultural Improvement Act, allowing hemp and hemp-derived products that contain less than 0.3% of THC.

Cultivation: Hemp is meant to maximize its size and grown outdoors without the use of control or high maintenance attention needed.

Usage: It is harvested to produce a wide variety of products such as industrial products, food products, and medicinal products.

Hemp Derived CBD

Source

CBD from hemp does not need to be considered illegal because it contains no more than 0.3% THC or if it is under the Agricultural Act of 2018.

Personally, I started to use hemp-based products with Hemp Protein due to it being known as vegan and gluten-free. As someone who has Celiac and being lactose intolerant, I prefer to lean towards the vegan side due to it being easier for the intolerant issues that I struggle with.

Once I started using one product I was interested in knowing what else can Hemp do for me and my health issues. I started to look at the topical hemp infused healing balm with CBD and botanicals to help with my joint pain. I have personally used hemp in many different forms and it has truly changed my health in the best form.

What is Marijuana?

Marijuana is a term to classify Cannabis that contains more than 0.3% THC and produces psychotropic effects.

Legality: a controlled substance that is federally illegal with the help of the Controlled Substance Act and in 1937 the pass of Marijuana Tax Act proposed the idea of possession and sale of marijuana.

Cultivation: Marijuana is grown in controlled environments and meant to breed the budding flowers. In order for it to be grown, you must pay attention to the life cycle and control the temperature, lighting, and humidity.

Usage: Due to the higher levels of THC in marijuana it creates mind-altering effects also known as "high". It is used for recreational uses and some therapeutic medicinal ways.

Marijuana Derived CBD

Marijuana Derived CBD is considered illegal and is controlled regardless of the amount of percentage of THC.