5 Simple Reminders To Help You Live Your Best Life

These really are so simple... But sometimes we just forget.

17
Photo by Amanda Jones on Unsplash

I can tell you're already rolling your eyes at how simple these are going to be, but it's like when someone says a cliche quote: yes, it's obvious, but it's true and sometimes those reminders are needed.

Recently I found myself getting into a funk. I can't really put my finger on *exactly* when or how it started, but before I knew it I was really just... stuck.

I tried all of these things to help myself feel better: Did a full "self-care day" (bath bomb, face mask, you name it), went to eat at my favorite restaurant, the list goes on and on.

But it wasn't long before I realized that I was so far into this "funk" because I had been neglecting some things that are so dang simple. Obviously doing these things won't save the world, cure your depression, or fix all of your problems, but they just might be a good start. Here's what I'm talking about:

1. Drink Water

Photo by Serenity Mitchell on Unsplash

Okay, hear me out, don't stop reading now. This is so simple and you're like "really?", but seriously! I have a habit of being bad about drinking enough water, which is actually a huge problem.

We have to stay hydrated. It quite literally helps your brain work, makes you feel better, and keeps your skin looking gooood, girl. These are just a couple of the million reasons why you need to be drinking water.

I actually went to Target (I will find any excuse under the sun to go to Target) and bought a cute water bottle that I carry around with me so that way I can easily keep track of how much water I'm drinking every day. If you haven't had much today, here's your sign.

2. Exercising

Photo by Jelmer Assink on Unsplash

This one goes right along with drinking water, as far as health goes. Even if you're not someone who likes to work out in a gym, there are so many ways you can exercise whether that be in the comfort of your home, outside (when it stops being so dang hot outside), or anywhere your heart desires.

It's easy to forget to exercise, or just flat out not want to, but I'm telling you, it makes such a difference in not only your physical health but also how you feel inside.

We've all seen Legally Blonde, listen to Elle Woods if you don't want to listen to me. Endorphins make you happy.

3. De-clutter your room

Photo by Samantha Gades on Unsplash

Oh my gosh, this is huge, I cannot stress this one enough. The space you're in every day is going to affect you, whether you realize it or not. If it's messy, you're probably going to be stressed out.

If you're a hoarder like me and have a bunch of stuff you definitely don't need, it might subconsciously have an overwhelming effect on you, as well.

Clean your room, de-clutter it, and you might feel a little bit better, too. It sounds weird, but it works, I swear.

4. Read

Photo by Prasanna Kumar on Unsplash

This is another one where you're probably like "duh", but hear me out. I personally love reading, whether it's fiction, non-fiction, or a self-help book.

Not only is it good to read and expand your knowledge, but it's also an excuse to have quiet, alone time with yourself, and have some time to decompress, basically.

Also, these days we are on our phones and computers so much, that it also serves as a break from those things (as long as you don't put the book down every couple of pages to look at your phone), which can help our mindsets immensely.

Simple, but this one is a great reminder because I'm willing to bet you forget about reading.

5. Find a new hobby

Photo by Steve Johnson on Unsplash

This one is kind of intimidating. It's like, finding a hobby can be stressful. But I'm not talking about taking up underwater basket weaving or anything like that. This could be anything from learning an instrument, playing a sport once a week with your pals, learning to yo-yo, heck I don't know.

Find something you like to do and look forward to, and it'll make your days better. It's harder to feel stuck when you feel like you have a purpose, even if it's with something small that you simply spend 30 minutes doing every day.

Sometimes, simple is better, this is something I will swear by until the day I die.