Here's 5 Companies Helping College Students While Campuses Are Being Shut Down

They're reaching out. Here's how to take advantage.

91
cnn.com | Shutterstock

If you're a college student, you know how stressful COVID-19 has been. In-person classes on your campus were probably cancelled indefinitely and are now probably cancelled for the rest of the semester. Some campuses are allowing students to stay in dorms and are keeping dining halls open. But for some, all of campus has shut down. This means residence halls have closed as well as dining halls. This can be a problem for students who don't have the means to go home or don't want to and, as most classes have shifted online, it can be a struggle to adapt to classwork. Here are five* companies helping those college students out.

1. U-Haul

This packing and storage company is offering displaced college student free 30-day storage. So, if moving is in the works for you and you're in-between places, consider keeping your things here. Keep in mind that this is subject to availability so make sure to talk with your local U-Haul first.

2. Enterprise Rent-A-Car

The car rental company is lowering the minimum age to rent a car from 21 to 18 and waiving their "young renter" fee. This allows more students to get to where they need to go off campus c will be effective from now until May. All you need is a driver's license and a student ID.

3. Spectrum

Spectrum is offering 60 days of free broadband and wi-fi access to any household with K-12 children and to college students who currently don't have a subscription. This will start on Monday, March 16. If you are interested, call 1-844-488-8395.

4. Comcast

This internet company is offering 2 free months of wi-fi to their qualifying low-income customers. The Internet Essentials package came about to keep people updated about COVID-19 as well as stay connected to family and friends. Visit this website to find out how to obtain this package.

5. Frontier Airlines

Frontier is offering a "Students Fly Free" package for every Discount Den Fare purchased. Tickets must be bought March 20. This offer is good for any .edu email address and is available for over 100 destinations. Visit studentsflyfree.com for more information.

* I will keep this list updated as I know more information.