6 Ways To Stay Busy When You're Not 'Getting Busy'

Six things to take your mind off everything not going down downstairs.

16

Look, it has been awhile. Ladies, you know what I'm talking about. Sometimes we go through lulls where the only boys we talk to are the pizza delivery men coming to our apartments every Friday night. It happens. Here are some things you can do when you're not doing the dirty. (I can't stop with the sexual puns, please help.)

1. Run, run, run.

media.giphy.com

I actually thought of writing this article when I was on a long run the other day. I know running isn't for everyone, but just give it a try. Exercising, in general, is a great way to get endorphins (that you're not getting elsewhere) and you can prepare for spring break while doing it! For me, the exercise part isn't even the main reason why I run. It's the mental aspect of it. An hour or so of uninterrupted thought, almost like streaming meditation. I am currently training for a half marathon, so that can give you a little insight on how much it helps.

2. Take a long, hot shower.

media.giphy.com

People underestimate the things a long shower can do for you. There's something about having that alone time where you can just regroup from the day or prep for the day ahead. Honestly, some of my best thoughts come from when I am in the shower, just thinking about everything going on in my life. Put on some music and you have a sing-a-long party of one. And then when you get out, there's no better feeling like putting on a big, warm robe, brushing your hair, slathering on moisturizer and snuggling up in bed. Honestly, I'm getting a little horny just thinking about it.

3. Treat yourself to a spa day.

media.giphy.com

There is no better feeling than putting on a face mask and feeling like you could conquer life's grievances after. Do something for you; something to make you feel good about yourself. For me, this involves getting a mani/pedi, spray tanning, getting my hair done and my eyebrows waxed (hello, Myra at Anastasia). If there is something specific that you do to make yourself feel beautiful, do it! Spoil yourself, girl! (Honestly, I feel like half this stuff makes me feel better than any guy could, but that's a discussion for a different article.)

4. Catch some ZZZZZZs

media.giphy.com

Honestly, if you have time, why not? Sometimes all you need is a little cat nap. You will wake up feeling refreshed and rejuvenated, ready to seize the day. Make sure you don't take too long of a nap though, because we all know those are the ones that leave you waking up not knowing what year it is.

5. Get some retail therapy.

media.giphy.com

Ok, hear me out on this. A lot of times shopping has the opposite effect on me: I get stressed out and overstimulated once I try on more than three items of clothing. However, there is a place that always leaves me feeling better than when I walk in. And this place, ladies and gentlemen, is called Sephora. There is something about walking in there that instantly boosts the serotonin levels in my brain. My body knows I'm in a safe space. I am always greeted by beautiful people who want to help me and are just happy to be there.

I could get lost in the aisles forever. It's like at the casinos when they keep the lights really bright or something so you have no idea what time it is, that's what it's like when I go to Sephora. And I swear, they pump some type of scent through the vents that makes you happy like they do at Disney World. I walk out with a hell of a lot less money than when I walked in, but I also walk out a hell of a lot more beautiful, so I'll make that trade.

6. Watch some trashy TV.

media.giphy.com

This is one of my favorite pastimes when I don't want to think about anything else going on in my life. Whether it's RHWONJ or Floribama Shore, watching trashy reality TV always makes me laugh and helps me forget about whatever sh*t is going on in my life. I mean, it could be worse, right?