Healthy Coffee Shop Drinks

Don't Skip The Coffee Shop Date Because You're Watching What You Eat, Just Follow These 5 Tips Instead

Life is way too short to not say yes to a friendly coffee shop date anyways.

192
https://unsplash.com/photos/GxQ13MXLTHQ
https://unsplash.com/photos/GxQ13MXLTHQ

We all want to live a bit of a healthier lifestyle and that can be really difficult when our culture thrives on social outings surrounded by food. If you're cutting out Taco Tuesdays and happy hours, one thing you don't have to cut out is coffee shop outings.

Whether you're meeting someone for the first time or hanging out with your crew, coffee shops don't have to be the diet crushing places we sometimes make it out to be. A lot of coffee shops offer a healthier menu or you could even ask your barista for a drink recommendation that may help you stay on track.

If you're not too sure where to start, you're in luck. Choosing healthier options during your coffee shop date doesn't need to be rocket science. Starting with a few good habits, you'll see that it is totally possible to have the best of both worlds.

You can completely enjoy yourself at your favorite coffee shop without the guilt.

1. Choose honey over sugar, cream or syrup pumps.

Honey GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY Giphy

Honey is a natural alternative to pure sugar or flavor pumps. While of course, you want the extra caramel and white mocha... you'll be better off without it. Honey also tastes create in a variety of different drinks. Add it to your iced coffee, latte, or unsweet tea!

2. Skip a scone and order a fruit cup.

Bananas

https://giphy.com/gifs/studiosoriginals-dancing-excited-josh-freydkis-l0HFjO0S9m8Cy7WJa

Most coffee shops sell fruit cups or yogurt parfaits! They're not only super yummy, but they are much healthier than a scone or a muffin. Plus, you still get that sweet taste that you were craving all along.

3. Order a small.

Small drink

https://giphy.com/gifs/sorta-7Kcr97QNYGkAE

If you can't live without your extra caramel frap, order a small or even a kids size. Besides, you're allowed to treat yourself every once in a while. Cutting the portion back will save you calories while still letting you sip on your favorite go-to.

4. Get a water, too!

Nervous 30 Rock GIF by HULU - Find & Share on GIPHY Giphy

You can never have too much water! Okay, well, yes you can. But, if your coffee shop experience is usually a two or three drink minimum, order water the second time around. Plus, coffee shop iced water is actually pretty good. It's usually filtered well. You should try it no matter what.

5. Sub for skim or low fat milk.

coffee order

https://tenor.com/view/chanel-oberlin-scream-queens-coffee-no-foam-coffee-order-gif-11362892

While it may be a bit annoying to order, don't be afraid to swap the milk in order to reduce some calories. It might be a bit hard to get used to the taste at first, but you'll come around to it.