Healthy Alternatives For Daily Snack Cravings
popular

Here are six healthy alternatives for your snack diet that can incredibly improve your health without you even realizing it (because they taste so good!).

665
Photo by Vicky Ng on Unsplash

It can be tempting to grab a bag of Cheetos to satisfy that annoying stomach growl; believe me, I've been there. Once in a while, it is okay to treat yourself and have some unhealthy craving foods. When that becomes an all-the-time habit, though, is when your body won't react well or you won't feel as good as you should. According to Help Guide, eating right has been proven to increase immunity, fight illness-causing toxins, keep weight in check, and reduce the risk of heart disease, stroke, high blood pressure, type-2 diabetes, bone loss, and cancer.

Acai Bowl

sliced kiwi in bowl Photo by Alexis Chloe on Unsplash

Acai bowls provide plenty of nutrients and vitamins needed, because of the variety of fruits these bowls contain.

Granola Bars

clear glass jar beside brown pack Photo by Jade Wulfraat on Unsplash

Depending on the flavor of granola bar you choose to eat, they can typically be a very good source of fiber and protein. More sugary flavors would include carbs, calories, and unwanted sugars.

Oats

brown rice on white textile Photo by Melissa Di Rocco on Unsplash

Oats are a gluten-free whole grain. They are a great source of vitamins, minerals, fiber and antioxidants, and can reduce your chances of heart disease, according to Health Line.

Yogurt

sliced strawberries in clear glass jar with cream Photo by Karly Gomez on Unsplash

Low-fat yogurt contains just the right amount of protein for a weight-loss diet. Yogurt is great for eliminating digestive problems, and is high in protein, calcium, vitamins, and live culture, or probiotics, which can enhance the gut microbiota.

Mixed Nuts

brown and white nuts on clear glass bowl Photo by Usman Yousaf on Unsplash

Heart-healthy! Nuts are loaded with minerals, vitamins, fiber, potassium, and more. Trail mixes without sugary additions, or a bowl of mixed nuts are a healthy way to satisfy your snack cravings.

Avocado

three avocado fruit desserts Photo by Heather Ford on Unsplash

There are so many ways to serve avocado, and I'm living for all of them. They are a healthy fat-filled superfood. According to Medical News Today, avocados are a great source of vitamins C, E, K, and B-6, as well as riboflavin, niacin, folate, pantothenic acid, magnesium, and potassium