Living A Healthier Lifestyle At Home Is A Struggle

Trying to be my best self every day.

9
https://www.pexels.com/photo/sliced-fruits-on-tray-1132047/

Lately, I've been thinking about how out of shape I am. I don't mean that I'm overweight by any means. I'm like 97 pounds, but I get tired or out of breath from doing the simplest of activities. Walking upstairs or even going for a ten-minute walk makes me start sweating.

I'm 19 years old, and I feel like a grandma.

A part of the reason I'm this way is that ever since coming home from school, I don't have free gym access, so I haven't been working out. I do yoga at home, but that's mostly because it stretches me out and it clears my mind. However, I don't really use yoga for the endurance aspect of it.

I mean, sure, I could work out at home, but I don't have any equipment. There's a set of ten-pound weights in my basement, but really, what good does that do? It's like lifting nothing; I'd get a better workout lifting my dog.

So, naturally, I should turn to the power of the internet. Google knows everything, and I can easily find tons of different workouts that can be done without equipment.

Which is fine, I'll do that. But the other issue I have is finding the motivation to work out at home. I don't know about you, but I find it really difficult to find the motivation to exercise at home. Being home is being relaxed in my mind, which is why I love the gym because it puts me in the mood to work out.

Aside from trying to work out at home, trying to eat healthy at home is just as hard. I can't make my own food because I don't know if my mom is planning on using a certain item she bought for anything specific. Besides, it's so difficult to keep a good diet when there's so many sugary snacks around tempting me. It's not that I'm trying to avoid gaining weight by eating bad things. In fact, I could use putting on a couple pounds; it's just that I'd prefer to gain those pounds by eating nutritious food.

For now, I guess I'll get to the internet and start figuring how I can make my lifestyle better while I'm at home. Fix my sleep schedule, work out without equipment, and even look for simple recipes that I can make without fearing that I'm using ingredients my mom needs. I'll do this at least until school starts up again. Then, I'll go back to my previous routine.

I feel like I find it easier to have a better lifestyle when I go back to school because I'm fully reliant on myself. I won't be waiting for my mom to make dinner, and I'll be able to go to the gym again. I'll have my own groceries that I can cook whenever and however I want. Plus, being on my own is a way to force myself to be more organized and schedule-based.

Between classes, I can figure out the right times to go to the gym, or I can meal prep.

Then, it'll just be a matter of sticking to my schedule and making good choices. I just hope that I'll have the willpower to keep it up again after being away from it for a couple months.

I know, in the long run, keeping a healthier lifestyle is a good thing. The start of making new habits is always the hardest part. Wish me luck.