Head To Union Square Whilst Aware

Head To Union Square Whilst Aware

Adventures Without a Phone

22
Head To Union Square Whilst Aware

Living in New York City, you are constantly bombarded with advertisements, chatter, cars, and people trying to get past you. You look for a way out of this commercialized city. You look for a community. You look for a peaceful, meaningful place where you are likely to hear a stranger's life story. You are bored, and seek closeness with others. You don’t care about the latest sales at any hyped up clothing store. You see too many people walking without looking up, more concerned with Kylie Jenner’s latest Instagram post than their own safety. Head to Union Square, where you may see a group of spiritual people chanting and meditating. Head to Union Square, where a guy walks holding up a FREE HUGS poster.

Head to Union Square where you will see an old man selling the most beautiful crystals for a pretty decent price. Head to Union Square, where you will find a Whole Foods for the hippie vegans. Head to Union Square, where you will find a Barnes and Noble with a cafe inside, and spend three hours skimming through books whilst drinking a latte. Head to Union Square, where you will hear DON'T EAT MEAT DON'T EAT MEAT about a hundred times as the protestors pass by. Head to Union Square where you will see an old wise looking Asian man giving free massages to people in the streets. Head to Union Square, and sit at Union Square park to watch all the people trying to master the skateboard. Head to Union Square, where you will see a long haired man with a sign that says PROTECT THE WATER and a jar next to him, you will give him a dollar and he will give you a hug. Head to Union Square, where you find organic foods fair and talk to people who care about what goes into their bodies. Head to Union Square, where you will find spiritual or witchy goods for decent prices. Head to Union Square with a friend, where you are bound to have a great adventure filled with chess and strangers talking to you about the arts. Head to Union Square, to see another side of humanity. Head to Union Square, although they say happiness is not a place. Head to Union Square, with eyes open. Kylie Jenner’s latest post can wait.

You don't have to head to Union Square at all. All of this can be seen in your neighborhood. Point is, look up. When they say happiness is not a place, they are right. Happiness is bringing awareness into everyday life. Without happiness, I would not have noticed most of these delights.