There's A Difference Between Having Time And Making Time

We never make time to enjoy the small, simple pleasures that bring joy into our lives.

311
Whitley Taylor

Our lives are so hectic all the time. It is a struggle to balance all work, school, social life and so many other things. It’s like we’re in a never-ending cycle. Let’s face it: there will never be enough time in every day to get the all the things done that we would like to get done.

That being said, sometimes things that we would like to do get relegated to secondary importance — things like exercising, reading for pleasure, housework, etc. Many people might make the excuse of that they don’t have time for these kinds of activities.

To me, there is a difference between having time and making time.

I am the first person to say, “Oh, I don’t have time to read before bed.” And I am also the first to admit that this is not true. At all.

I do have time to read before bed, but I don’t make time for it. I have plenty of time to scroll through Instagram for an hour before bed, so why I don’t I spend that hour reading instead?

While it may be more fun at the moment to scroll through that social media or watch that movie, but in the long run, spending an hour reading is going to do much more for more than liking your friends’ Instagram picture.

Our society is so caught up in the many distractions in our lives, that we never take time to enjoy the small, simple pleasures that bring joy into our lives.

As we enter the summertime, which allows for much more free time for a lot of people, I want to make it my goal to make more time to do things like reading, exercising, and housework that I always say I don’t have “time to do.”

I have the time — I just don’t make the time. There’s a difference.