Have You Ever Played The Sims?

Have You Ever Played The Sims?

I'll forever be a Sims fan.

96
Have You Ever Played The Sims?
Origin

Imagine playing a game where you can live a life other than yours? Well that's the Sims in a nutshell! It's a life simulation game where you create your own Sim and you control just about everything in their life. You build or purchase their home, furnish it, choose their occupation, form relationships with other Sims, choose their personality, looks and more. Where can you play? It can be played on your computer, tablet, smartphone, and gaming systems. Do you want to play it yet?!

The first version of the Sims came out back in 2000 and it's still around today. That says a lot. We are currently on the Sims 4. With each version we just get more and more things to do. I'm embarrassed to admit that I haven't played the game since the Sims 2 version but I'm so happy that I just got the Sims 4 last week and I'm so excited to play it right after I finish this article. Haha. So just a disclaimer: I might be missing some out on some features that have been added over the years. You might be wondering why after all these years I've decided to play again. Well, I really missed playing. It's a great escape from reality. The Sims are actually very entertaining for one. They have their own language and tend to do weird behaviors when you don't pay them any attention.

Crazy things like this happen when you don't pay attention! This could have definitely avoided and why are they just standing there and letting it happen?!

Essentially, the Sims are a virtual equivalent of your own children because it's important that you help maintain their health. That big diamond hovering above your Sim represents their health and aspirations. Your goal is to keep that diamond green. Maybe your Sim wants to get married and start a family. Make that happen! It's great to see when your Sim is living its best life. You want to make sure your Sim is happy. They aren't the best when they are angry.

Exhibit A. Look at this one throwing a tantrum! What makes it funny is you don't have a clue of what they are saying.

You might be thinking well doesn't this game get boring after awhile? If that ever happens, then it's time to get another expansion pack. Expansion packs add new things to your Sims experience. Also, don't forget you can take them out to explore! They shouldn't be cooped up in the house all the time. Just make sure they get back home and can get enough sleep to be ready for work in the morning. Or simply take a break from the game but always remember to save your progress! You don't want lose what you worked so hard on to create!