How To Keep Busy During The Peak Of Greek Life

How to do your own thing while all your sorority girls find new sisters

59

I'm not gonna lie, It might not be easy for some people to see all of their girls run off in freezing cold weather wearing cocktail dresses on a Sunday afternoon. When bid day approached, I witnessed my social media overflow with posts of people partying on a Monday night and shouting random chants. Seeing all of your close friends you made at Syracuse having so much fun without you might seem awful: but it really isn't bad at all.

There are so many amazing things you can do with your free time while your girls are spending time getting to know their sisters.

Get in some studying! I know this one is not great to start off with, but it's true. Catch up on any homework you were behind on because Gabby wanted to watch a movie instead and you just couldn't say no.

Focus on YOU. Do anything to calm down because college is for sure stressful. Take the time to appreciate that you aren't experiencing the extra stress of rushing and going to multiple meetings. Take a hot shower, binge-watch Netflix, take a nap, just enjoy yourself.

Go to the game! Syracuse basketball games are always fun, so grab a friend and cheer on your favorite team.

Spend time with the BOYS. Don't forget that your guy friends are still there for you to hang with. Go out to parties, go sledding on our hill of a university, or just chill with some late night pizza. Soon, they will all be rushing too so make sure you take advantage of the time you have with them now!

Hang with your girls that aren't rushing. Remember your friend Brianna that's a literal light in your life? Yeah, go spend time with her. Go out and play in the snow and have a fun photo shoot and spend hours in the dining hall eating mediocre food. It's a lot more fun than you think it would be, so really, try it out!

While all your friends are rushing and participating in Greek life, it is important to remember that they will stick around if they are real friends. If they don't then you are better off without them. Let them have their fun with their new sisters and you go out and make new friends too. In the end, you guys will likely still stay friends, hopefully for a long time.