5 Types Of Friends You Should Have In College That Will Be There Through The Thick And Thin

They make life better.

294
Cassie Nichols

You will meet many people in college, but there are some who will always be there through the thick and thin. These are those people.

1. The Honest One

This is the friend who will always tell you how it is. Whether you are asking them about an outfit, a boy, or trying to make a life decision, they are not going to sugarcoat the truth. Sometimes their opinion might sound harsh, but you know it is out of love. They might even know you better than you know yourself at times.

2. The Social Butterfly

This friend is always down to have a good time. They seek adventure and push you to your limits (sometimes a little too much). You know they will always be willing to go out with you at any given moment and they are a good go-to gal when you've had a bad week. Bring on the weekend!

3. The Comic Relief

When you need to laugh, don't look any further. This is the girl who will make the whole room laugh without meaning to. Maybe she's a bit clumsy and her lack of coordination is what does it. Or maybe she just thinks of the most random, sarcastic comments that normal people would not be able to think of on the top of their head. All that is needed to be said about this friend is "LOL."

4. The Parental Figure

Ah yes! The friend who is like our "mom" away from home. We all have one. This friend is the one who will always carry around a bunch of random stuff "just in case." You always go to her for advice in the time of a crisis. Remember that time you went a little too hard on the weekend? This is the friend who gave you a helping hand.

5. The Loyalist

AKA the Day 1. The BFF. The twin. Whatever you want to call her she has been around for as long as you can remember. You two tell each other everything. She has seen you at your worst and still loves you. This friend is irreplaceable. Don't take her for granted.